View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 05:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
The Announcer
Other Characters
Firecrab

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
"I understand your frustration, believe me. Nothing worse than having your own life to worry about and getting called in here to go over the same things over again." Emilia was all sympathy, chocolate brown eyes locked on his. "I've got a lot to do, too, and like you said, you don't know anything. Thing is, I'm obligated to ask just a few questions anyway, boss to please and all that. Let's both get through this as quick as possible and we can get back to other things." She offered him the smallest of smiles and eased herself into the chair across from him.

"I've heard you're something of a celebrity where business is concerned, am I right? People can come to you when they need a good deal. That kind of hype is pretty amazing. You must be good at what you do."

"Me? Good at what I do? I've got no idea what you're talking about? I'm nothin' more than a humble businessman trying to make a living to support my family."

How could he know that in the file the YATI carried, there was information on a former friend turned informant who'd given several incriminating statements surrounding him? It would have been problematic if Lenny opened his trap but the man was in turn willing to flip on the guy should the situation call for that.

Self preservation was strong in this one and he was never willing to take the fall.

"Will give you some advice though, sweet as you are, I'd hate for anything bad to happen to you. Stay off the streets. Find yourself a nice fellow, settle down, two kids and a yard. Keep out of big men business."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRaven View Post
Perhaps her parents or guardian did know about the rights so Ava wouldn't really explain all of those to this kid. After all, she was a witness so there was just one thing she needed to say to her. "Right, I just want to say that you don't have to be afraid with us because you're already under law protection. She thought Jada needed to know about that, just in case she was afraid to tell her the truth.

"I understand that you want to go home so bad, Jada. But I just needed to ask a few more questions before you can go home so we can help to find your friend." With a small smile, the YATI convinced the witness. Hopefully little Jada here could be more cooperative so they could finish this interrogation. She also didn't want to get stuck here for a long time.
"I'm not afraid." Jada clarified smartly. "My daddy's outside and he said he'd protect me no matter what." The child felt there was no need to be afraid, but also. "You can't help Katy, she's dead." She would know. Mhm.

[b]"And when you're dead, people can't help you. She's not a ghost which means she's never coming back. [b]"Yep yep yep, she knew things about death and people dying. It'd all been explained to her before and she was aware how it worked.

Katy was proper gone.