Thread: Butterbeer Cart
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 12:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Pete Snow
England National Team Player
Dugbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Say that attractive line to her face so she should use it for motivation the next time she took a shot at the hoops he was defending. Do it.

Or not. It was spare him the embarrassment of a public tongue lashing.

Zinnia could not help but roll her eyes at the galleon display. Especially with it attached to that particular line. "The sort that knows I am perfectly capable of paying for my own butterbeer," points out with a smirk, reaching out to snatch that galleon from the air before it could land back in his palm. Not exactly keeper speed reflexes, but still impressive. "I have not indulged in a cheat this week, so I suppose I could indulge you." Holds that galleon back up to him between her index and middle finger. "Better make it worth my time, Snow."
There was a reason he hadn't said it out loud. He wasn't dumb. Nor did he have a death wish.

"I never claimed you weren't." He said it with an easy smile and a sip of his own butterbeer. "Just pointing out that it would only be proper of me to pay since I invited you to join me." And he was pleased that she seemed to be taking him up on his offer. Though he still wasn't quite sure on where they had landed in regard to whether or not he was paying. "That's a lot of pressure to live up to your standards." Was he doubting himself? No, not really. Mostly just making a joke.