View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 05:30 AM   #39 (permalink)
Pavel Torben
England National Team Player
Dugbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Colin flashed the young man the classic 'Hot Scot' MacKenzie smile the instant he responded. "I'm doin' just fine, thank ye. How about yeself?" Just looking at Pavel, he could only assume that the man was doing well. Arguably great, considering how well England was performing so far in the World Cup.

MacKenzie let out a hearty chuckle when it was mentioned that Cynthia would never admit to needing a new bat. "Aye. Right ye are about that. A proud lassie, she is, that one. But a new bat ne'er hurt anyone. Better to have a new one rather than en' up havin' one snap on ye in the middle of a match," he responded, nodding his head in agreement. "An' Portugal, aye, tha' lot can get pretty feisty."

When he was asked whether he was browsing or buying, Colin help up a team jersey that he had at hand. "Buyin' fer my grandson. Got myself a wee Quidditch star in th' makin'. Thinkin' about gettin' him a trainin' broom today."
If he didn’t before then know Pavel knew why MacKenzie was such a hit with the ladies since that smile that he just was at the receiving end of was as his sister would say attractive. He on the other hand couldn’t care less he just returned the smile with one of his own as he mused. "I’m doing very well thank you. England is playing well in the world cup and we’ve gone on to the last 16. Did you see our smashing victories over China and Cóte de ‘Ivory?"

Sighing slightly Pavel said "Sometimes Cynthia is too proud, but yes I’m buying her and myself extra bats. As my mother always says it’s better to come prepared then to wish you had when it’s too late." He was not a fan of losing because of material malfunction and thus took steps. Nodding he wondered "Have you played against Portugal yourself?" MacKenzie seemed to imply something to that effect anyway unless he interpreted it wrong.

Eyeing the jersey he wished that it had been for his professional quidditch team, but you couldn’t get everything he supposed. "Fun, I remember when I got my first training broom, it was a magical moment."