View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 12:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
laurange

DERP & DMLE
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aslan Archer
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rose Woods
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
x9 x6
˝ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Again, was this a bad time to voice the fact that she hated any and all human tears? Probably. ”Faith… There’s no way the world is any scarier than what we’ve seen here,” they survived INFERI, DARK MAGIC HEXES, and MUGGLE STUDIES HOMEWORK. They could survive anything. In Zoryn Spinnet’s professional opinion. As for the other thing, the Gryffindor shrugged. She felt very little attachment to Hogwarts, actually. ”We’ll make a new place home.” Because Hogwarts wasn’t home, not for Zoryn anyway.

Faith Chosen was home.

She gave her best friend a squeeze, head against the girl’s arm. It would be okay because they’d be together. That’s what ride or dies were for. Despite the urge to run (pfffffft irony? not here!), she was still here wasn't she? She hadn't run yet.

Faith’s question provoked a mischievous grin. Aside from the all-too obvious, broken bludger that she had since abandoned by her feet…. ”The leftover polyjuice," From earlier this term when they pulled the ultimate prank against Maxton Carden. Maybe some future Hogwart's legend would need the help to do something extraordinary. There was also a letter somewhere in her bag. "And.." she paused, totally innocent. "Some girl’s underwear,” she sat up, letting go of her friend and pulling the knickers out of her pocket to show ‘n tell. Who did they belong to anyway?

Heh.

Did she recognize them?
This would probably be the worst time to be reminded that Zoryn didn't like human emotion because Faith Chose was a whole bundled mess of them, and all her feelings were tangled with each other worse than the ball of yarn that Qitty loved to play with. She was panicked and scared and tired, but also happy and relieved. It was a very confusing time.

Kissing Zoryn's cheek lightly, she offered her girlfriend a watery smile. "Okay," she said, but she meant I love you. A lot of things Faith Chosen said to Zoryn Spinnet actually meant I love you. Like when she asked if Zoryn had eaten, or when she reminded her not to stay up too late, or when she asked her to go back to sleep.

And then the mood shifted, and Zoryn's grin turned mischievous and Faith's heart skipped a whole beat. Laughing, she nudged her best friend lightly. "How did you even manage to keep that hidden all year?" Honestly.

But nothing prepared her for the next thing Zoryn had brought. Suddenly it felt extremely warm -- which was strange in Scotland, even if it was quickly approaching summer. A rosy flush spread over Faith's face, creeping its way down her neck and past the collar of her shirt. "I'd been wondering where those had gotten to."

Merlin, strike her dead. Please.

Okay, okay. Time to change the subject. "I brought something else," she said, reaching into her bag for the envelope. The seal from the Galloway Rehabilitation Reserve was already broken and the letter a little crumpled from how haphazardly she'd held it as she tried to read it the first time. "I wanted to tell you first."