View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 03:59 AM   #48 (permalink)
Birchwoodmom

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Malik watched the woman's face as she looked over the form, looking for any sign that she was maybe suspicious about something that he had put on the form. Not that there was any real reason to be. The litter in his pack was, thankfully, staying quiet. Odds were they were napping.

The charming smile of his quickly appeared on his face the moment the innkeeper started talking once more. Splendid. Everything so far was splendid. Sans the talk of money. It didn't take her long to start asking for that now, did it?

"I can pay half now," he said, fishing in a pocket for a handful of gold coins he had acquired and placing them on the counter. In all honesty, that was most of his funds right there before them. But Malik wasn't too worried about that. Within a few days, he'd have plenty of money to spare with some help from his little friends.

For a moment he hesitated when she mentioned helping him with his bags. His instant thought was that he had somehow been busted and she wanted her hands on the pack on his back to look inside. But the man played it cool. "Oh, no, thank you. It's just my pack after all. I can manage just fine," he said as he reached for his key.
"Yes, half now is fine." She said as she took the coins and placed them in the register, then marked his account as half paid. He seemed like such a nice young man and so polite. Lucy hoped he would like his room down the quiet end of the hall. It had a lovely view of the courtyard and the window opened nice and wide to let in the summer breeze.

His hesitation over the luggage went unnoticed. "As you wish. Please do be careful on the stairs and let me know if you would like supper brought up to you later on. The full menu is served to the guest rooms, although you are more than welcome to dine down here. The table by the fireplace is nice and cozy." It was one of her favorite places to sit. It had a great view of both the front and back doors as well as being able to see the very bottom of the guest room stairs. It allowed her to keep watch over the entire floor from one cozy spot.

She tapped his paperwork on the counter then placed it in the file. "You are all set. I do so hope you enjoy your stay, Mr. Zaman."