View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 07:12 PM   #47 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
While the young man filled out his form, Lucy grabbed the key to his room and made a few notes on her guest log. The first floor had been reserved for the quidditch teams, but the second floor was strictly for guests. She hoped the separation would keep the noise down for those not on the teams.

Once he was finished, Lucy gave the form a once over. "Splendid. Everything looks in order, Mr. Zaman. Our two-week rate is 160 galleons. Would you like to pay in full now, or half up front and the rest in seven days?" Normally she would collect the full payment up front, but she knew that a lot were traveling from far distances for the festivities and didn't want to deplete their funds all at once. "I'm going to put you in room 2-2. It's on the top floor and down the hall to the right." She placed the key on the counter. "Would you like some help with your bags?"
Malik watched the woman's face as she looked over the form, looking for any sign that she was maybe suspicious about something that he had put on the form. Not that there was any real reason to be. The litter in his pack was, thankfully, staying quiet. Odds were they were napping.

The charming smile of his quickly appeared on his face the moment the innkeeper started talking once more. Splendid. Everything so far was splendid. Sans the talk of money. It didn't take her long to start asking for that now, did it?

"I can pay half now," he said, fishing in a pocket for a handful of gold coins he had acquired and placing them on the counter. In all honesty, that was most of his funds right there before them. But Malik wasn't too worried about that. Within a few days, he'd have plenty of money to spare with some help from his little friends.

For a moment he hesitated when she mentioned helping him with his bags. His instant thought was that he had somehow been busted and she wanted her hands on the pack on his back to look inside. But the man played it cool. "Oh, no, thank you. It's just my pack after all. I can manage just fine," he said as he reached for his key.