View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 07:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
The Announcer
Other Characters
Firecrab

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRaven View Post
Taking a deep breath, Ava approached the young girl and put her non-intimidating but still professional smile. Sure this was not going to be easy but she's trying her best to interrogate this child. "Your name is Jada, right?" She asked her. "I'm Ava Burton, and you will get to go home with your mummy after you help me okay?" The YATI talked in her less intimidating tone and wanted to assure that Jada wouldn't be scared at her. Intimidating the witness (or suspect) was such a waste of time and it would make the interrogation process became more difficult.

"You don't have to be afraid, Jada. You're going to be okay." She took a seat and faced the young girl. "Now first, Have you been told and understood about... your rights?" Did she understand? "Such as... what you are allowed to."
"I dunno." Was the only answer she could give. There were no rights. There was nothing said. She was not under arrest, she was here, for now, as a witness and it was only under those circumstances that her mother had even agreed to an interview--not that she knew. All she knew was, she was bored and hungry and wanted to go home.

"Can I go home now?"