View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 12:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Daisy thought of her singular answer, having narrowed down the answers that were flying around in her mind as she continued with her warm-up stretches. Raising her hand, she answered with "I've heard of the Hawkshead Attacking Formation."
Amelia beamed at the first hand raise. Simple and straight forward. A classic maneuver too. "Yes. A chaser move, when the chasers all fly together in an arrowhead towards the opposition's goalposts. A classic example to show how well chasers can work together, or not." Figuring adding the or not made sense, since well, if the move failed, then likely due to lack of teamwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Hanna continued with her stretching as Professor Adara started her lesson, making sure her legs especially were given attention. She didn't want pulled muscles, especially with the end of year approaching. Holiday dance was something she looked forward to every year, and she would not be missing out because she didn't take proper care of her limbs.

She thought about the different quidditch techniques, some that came to her mind she had tried, some successfully, others she could only dream of performing. One that she had practiced, but never in a match, was the Wronski Feint. She raised her hand up and said "The Wronski Feint is one."
"Ah this one. For seekers who can pull this one off successfully, bravo. Faking a snitch spotting?? It's rather brilliant but as with any tactic, overusing it could prove ... faulty and to work against you. You have to know when to apply tactics." Did that make sense? Maybe, maybe not but it was one of those things that was hard to explain. You actually had to be out there performing them and failing at them to know when they'll work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Stretching? Derf was still a bit too preoccupied with gnawing on the handle of his broom like a beaver to a log to be doing much of that in the moment. Granted, his teeth were hardly qualified for such an undertaking but here he was regardless. Bit of drool now clinging to the hairs on his chinny chin chin - which were LONG, for the record - he used his back teeth on the tip while the healer spoke.

Different quidditch techniques? He had loads of those, unique tactics and stuff from his time with the U-17 Wales team. Some he was, well, there were some secret maneuvers that he wasn't really allowed to share. But there was one which he had come up with the name for and was specific to the team of three chasers on the pitch. "There is the Radial Runespoor," he offered up while raising his free hand. "It's a chaser attack formation we used on the Wales team."

Hmmm. Was this little bit of wood at the end coming loose?
Was Derf eating his broom??? "Uh Derf, you might want to... not eat that... you're going to need that to fly." Merlin, where was the Ministry with the cure that they promised. "I ... haven't heard of that one? Is it similar to the hawkshead attacking formation?" Given that they were both chaser tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
Patrick had been off in the far off section stretching. He hated to be in the front row during stretching. It always made him feel watched, which he hated soooo much it wasn't even funny. Bending forward and touching his toes then crossing one over the other he touched his toes again.

He heard Professor Adra ask the question, standing back up he raised his hand. "I'm partial to an american hockey maneuver called the flying v. If I remember correctly it came from a movie first then sports." he finished the statement laughing a bit at the thought.
"The flying v? Well this one I would suspect would be the american version of the hawkshead, giving a v could be similar to the arrow?" Amelia glanced at the snake captain expectantly, hoping he could provide more details about it. Sadly, she didn't know too much of American tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist.Prime View Post
Beth was there, in class listening…feeling the warm spring air…really, she was enjoying the man eating mutant free school now…just no one release them – please. Her eyes flicked around to her classmates as Professor Adara began the lesson.

Professor Adara of course got a kind smile and wave when she got into the pitch…she was listening especially when Cap’ spoke. Yep, flying V was a total thing…Looking at. Her classmates the blonde raised her hand and waited. ”I really like the Bludger Backbeat…its tough but its fun and I mean you’ve got to be careful or you’ll just wham yourself with a bludger but that’s the fun of it?” did she sound mental? Maybe…but that was the move she’d been practicing all year.

Smashing a bludger behind her to confuse her opponents…even if she was only a reserve it still meant that practice was necessary.
"Ahhh ... I've seen this one used before!!" Amelia grinned at the young snakette. "It's another clever one to unsuspecting opponents." Sometimes the best tactics that involved faking out, which okay too but again, needed to be careful to not overuse these.

"Alright, so in addition to the five or so tactics mentioned, there are MANY others. There's the Blitzen Ballet, the Sloth Grip Roll, Starfish and Stick, Porskoff Play, Dopplebeater defense, double eight loop and many many more." Amelia continued on. "Some can be done individually, whereas others, such as the Hawkhead Attacking Formation need assistance of your peers. So next task is that its time to mount your brooms and we're going to spend the next fifteen to twenty minutes practicing a minimum of two tactics. You should feel comfortable with at least one and if you're feeling especially confident, you're welcome to try more than two. Let me know if you need my assistance."

ooc: Time for the mini activity!!! So try to master at least two quidditch tactics. Can choose from the above mentioned OR there's a more complete list here. Obviously some like the Bludger Backbeat you can do individually, whereas others will require you to tag-team with each other. You have approximately 48 hours for this task before we move on =)

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.