Thread: Hangout Area
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 12:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
TakemetotheBurrow

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
Truthfully, January was fine. She knew she and her family were well protected. If anything, she was just slightly irritated that these people hadn't given up yet. The Ministry was in good hands now - couldn't they tell the difference?

And no, it wasn't her fault, but she still felt bad for the whole incident and was incredibly grateful that no one had gotten hurt. She just wanted to find an end to this all before someone did. So, she gave an appreciative smile to her new friend. As for her next comment... January shrugged slightly. "Actually... no? Or I suppose I was never told to..." It was interesting, really. "I was rather under-qualified, in my opinion, when I was hired. I was a division head in Creatures, and suddenly I was the Minister's Senior Undersecretary. Unfortunately, he didn't even understand the depth of his own position, so I didn't really understand mine. That is, until... things couldn't go on any longer." That was when the impeachment finally happened.

"So, perhaps if I had been hired by a more... legitimate Minister, I would have had more training, but if that were the case, I probably wouldn't have been chased by a dragon." So, yeah... Interesting.

As for her family, they were, unfortunately, getting used to it. "They're always a bit on edge, but they're well looked after too." January was calm about all of it at this point, but she was always a bit tense now. Always looking over her shoulder. Always cautious.
"Sounds complicated." Stressful, too. She couldn't imagine taking on a job like that without proper training and the fact that January had, and that she seemed well respected and suited for the position, was impressive.

"Silver lining then, knowing they're safe." She offered a smile before taking a sip of the flavored water she'd taken from her lunch bag. "Has it been easier with the new minister? He seems great. Enthusiastic, which is something I really enjoy in leadership. Passion is important."