View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 09:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Goblinfrog

DIMC & MO
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lola A.
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Mischievous Niffler

"Good morning, Tina," she said to the first arrival in as pleasant a voice as she could muster. The Ravenclaw looked exhausted. Alice could relate. "Good morning, Skyler," she said, giving a small nod to the hopeful Slytherin. Hannah and Stasya also got a nod and greeting. "Morning, Hannah. Morning, Stasya. I hope you are well." It was somewhere around this point that she realized she was calling the students by their first or middle names rather than their surnames. Too late to change that now. She'd remember next lesson, when hopefully she wouldn't be so distracted. "Good morning, Anna. I hope you are well." She gave a small smile to the Gryffindor who had she had placed in detention last year. It was because (not in spite) of this experience that Alice found herself rather liking the Gryffindor. She was genuinely glad to have her in her class.

Alice manually closed the door when the last of the students had filtered in. "Good morning, class," she said as made her way back to the front of the class. She whirled on the spot to face them. "Take out your notebooks and open them to a blank page. You'll need to take notes, but I promise I won't talk long." That might come as a relief to some of the class. Alice knew how easily bored students were by long talks. "I have an activity that you'll all have to participate in, but first I want to gauge your knowledge on human-goblin relations. What interesting facts or stories can you share with us about goblins? Any little fact will do."

Only Anna knew she was part goblin, and that was good. Alice would rather her class not know this fact about her heritage until after the lesson was over. "All right, a show of hands so I can call you to answer in an orderly fashion." She pointed randomly to one of the raised hands.

ooc: Thank you for coming, you guys are amazing! We should be ready to move on to the activity sometime tomorrow.