View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 11:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Tina kept practicing her dribbling until Professor Stewart started the lesson. She caught the orange and black ball mid-bounce as the professor started talking and tucked it under her arm, listening intently. She half-expected the class to start with a round of questions as usual, but a mini activity was a welcome change of pace. She already had a ball, so she remained in place, awaiting further instruction while the rest of her classmates got to their feet.

So they were to practice dribbling… that was easy! All Tina had to do for this part of the activity was go back to what she was doing. She joined one of middle rows, spreading out to put plenty of space between herself and her classmates. On Professor Stewart's signal, Tina resumed bouncing the ball against the palm of her right hand. Sometimes it was tempting to look at the ball, just to be sure she wasn't making a mistake, but she forced herself to keep her eyes ahead. Thump… thump… thump… the sound of the ball thudding against the floor was strangely relaxing! After a few minutes of dribbling, it was all coming to Tina; she was starting to feel more confident now.

She decided to switch things up a bit and spent a few minutes dribbling with her left hand. It seemed like she'd only just started when they were moving on! Tina caught the ball mid-bounce and focused her attention on the demonstration. She wasn't quite as confident with this part as she was with the dribbling- she had less experience playing defense - but she would give it a go.

Tina emulated Professor Stewart's stance the best she could, standing with her feet about shoulder-width apart, and practiced the three defensive moves. First she held her hand over an imaginary ball held below an imaginary opponent's midsection, then she placed her hand on an imaginary ball held in a *shooting position. The last movement was a bit trickier than the others. Tina kept her head low, making a flipping motion with her hand as if trying to knock a ball out of an opponent's hand. Merlin, this felt weird! Well, it was awkward trying to practice all of these defense moves without a real opponent, but that third one was even more so!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...