Thread: Law Enforcement: Office of Alexa Cambridge
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 10:08 AM   #23 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachieRu View Post
If she was honest Grace was excited to be back at work. She hadn't had much time in the field, what with having a child in the middle of her YATI training, and then having Ezra a year after finally completing her training. It had been hard work, but she had achieved all of her goals. A family, and an auror. It had been worth it all. So she was excited now to get back in the field, and to the job that had taken her so long to get qualified in. She might not have had as much experience has some of the other aurors, but she was talented, and she was hard working. She was excited to get back out there, and do something for her.

She smiled, as the door opened and she stepped into the room. She was happy that Alexa was the new department head. She would be good at the role. "Hello Alexa" She murmured with a smile as she came into the room. "Thanks for arranging a time to see me!"
It was her job to make time, preventing Lex from understanding any sort of gratitude Grace may have been feeling--practical like that--but the Department Head nodded all the same. "Of course, have a seat." She gestured to the chair opposite hers at her table while she began collecting everything on her desk into a neat pile. These she would get back to later. Hopefully she'd have more of a head for it by then.

"Done sitting at home going mad I take it?" There was the faintest hint of a smile at that. She vaguely remembered her own maternity leave. Most of it, for her, was dying to go back to work and constantly avoiding her motherly duties if she could get away with it. A horrible time she was in no rush to get back to. Don't get her wrong, she adored her daughter. Emm was the most important thing in her life.

That said, she didn't want to revisit those early days. Hardly a good memory there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
She was slightly nervous, but didn't show it. She was confident, too. She knew she wasn't the best, but she was possibly the best option that the department currently had. Maybe. Regardless, she was fairly confident that the position was hers. Alexa didn't deal with people longer than she wanted to and she was clearly entertaining the idea.

A small smile touched her lips when she heard the words from the department head's mouth. As for paygrade... "I trust you to pay me as much as you would have liked to be paid." Alexa hadn't had the position, but her paycheck had obviously increased over the years. She knew what to do and Evangeline trusted her. Besides, money wasn't everything.
"Sounds like we're done here then." Was there a single MLE-er who didn't understand how precious time was? Probably not. This was a busy department on a whole. With nothing pressing NEEDING to be discussed in the moment regarding the position she was now relieved to have filled, Lex felt comfortable putting an end to the exchange, afterall they weren't sitting at the bar of the Leaky Cauldron, no they were still on the clock.

"I'll send the necessary paperwork over to the payroll department and make the necessary changes to your file but I'll leave the introductions to you." Let Shacklebolt break the news and deal with whatever arose. It was now her problem--er....job.

"Have a report written up by the end of their trimester for me to review. I'll also be hosting a special training for them. You'll get that report when it's done. Outside of that, you're free to go."

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.