View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 09:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Again, she nodded along to their offered answers, leaving the occasional scribble or note. The impassive look on her face made it difficult if not impossible to tell her opinion on each response.

"Veritaserum is inadmissable in court." Lex countered, going down another item on the list and placing a tick there before adding a small scribbled note. "It's a subjective measure of garnering the truth as the speaker is compelled to tell only what they believe to be the truth. Altered memories are one easy way to get around it." Something she hoped the YATI would keep in mind in future. Lex didn't want to deal with cases being tossed out due to lack of sufficient evidence. That simply wouldn't do.

"You're both not wrong in saying a lawyer will give them more time to concoct a story together, however," Because there was a "but" here, "Espinosa, your tactics would work better with Carter's response. Avoid interviewing suspects together or you may find yourself with a witness overpowering the other in non-phsyical manner. Little gestures. Certain phrases. One doing all the talking and you can't force the other to speak--not legally. If they want a lawyer, tell them they have all right to one, but keep them separate until that lawyer arrives. Don't give them that time to go creating stories together. It's a slippery slope when lawyers get involved. Even threats of them should be taken seriously."

More scribbling, more ticking. "I understand the drive to get answers, especially while everything is still fresh. Of course, you can interview them together, but then what do you do when you realize stories don't add up and they still refuse to talk to you on their own? What do you do when one silences the other and they keep a tight lipped story even after you've been so accommodating?"

Something else to think about.

Alexa lowered the clipboard and looked to each of them. "I've got mock interviews for you to conduct. No two are the same. Here's all the information you'll be getting and the room you should report to to begin these interviews. The interviews will begin in half an hour from this point. Gives you time to gather any necessities you think you might need--but only if you think you'll need anything. You could show up empty handed too if you think that's the right approach." She'd be the final judge of things.

With that, Lex handed each of them a piece of folded parchment with their name on it.

SPOILER!!: Carter
Betty Blair
Female
79 years old
Interview Room #1

Married 7 times. Unemployed for years thanks to the life insurance payouts of her past husbands. Husband number 8 has now died and his family is none too happy about it. Homemaker most of her life. Active in the community.

SPOILER!!: Burton
Jada Loveless
Female
8 years old
Interview Room #3

Friend went missing after the pair went on a playdate together in a wooded area. Insists there was a tall man with a blue coat and orange hair. Does not claim to remember much else.

SPOILER!!: Espinosa
George Manning
Male
41 years old
Interview Room #2

Rumoured to have connections with the underground trade business. Claims to have the best deals and knows about the lucrative trade of baby elves and plain old babies. When pressed by authority however, he knows nothing. Loosely tied to the murder of an associate.

"Keep in mind, not all of these will actually be guilty. You'll have to determine this. For now, they're simply suspects. Half an hour starts now."

Soooo interviews! Yay! Fun! You can go ahead and post your YATI as if they've moved to the rooms etc etc etc. I'll be posting the announcer with their interviewees.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.