View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 01:05 AM   #26 (permalink)
Goblinfrog

DIMC & MO
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lola A.
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Mischievous Niffler

UM, what???

Did this person (James) just imply she was afraid?

Alice bristled at the taunt coming from the Ministry worker she had been trying to extract information from. She turned to face him, still bristling. "Did I say I was scared? All I asked was if you had experience with creatures similar to what we are dealing with. If I was scared, then I could have easily volunteered to guide the students back to their common rooms."

Was she scared? Of course she was scared. Everything about these pink monsters was upsetting to her, from the moment she had seen them at the feast to the moment Dolly had been eaten. But she felt it was disrespectful for people to tell her that when she was trying her best to be helpful and to hide her fear.

It did not help at all when the other Ministry worker (Theophilus) chided her yet again for "violence." "Hang on, sirs, I haven't talked once today about using violence myself. However, since you insist, I will tell you now that the only reason why I am promising to not inflict any damage on your precious monsters is because I was ordered not to. I don't want to lose my job and I believe in order, so I will follow my orders - as long as they don't place myself or anyone in my protection in danger. However, I do not want for one second to be confused with sharing your mentality on these creatures. In my opinion, we should wipe them out. Your insistence on sparing monsters that have killed a human is beyond baffling to me. I bet you even believe their lives and our lives are equal!"

She stopped talking then because her voice had gone up several notches, and she didn't want to alert any nearby ratfaces where they were. Lowering her voice, she concluded her speech:

"I know I must sound like a terrible monster to you for putting sentient life above monster life, but I don't care. I am used to it. Now I've already been told 'no violence' five times within this past hour and I have already acknowledged my assent five times. I do not want to hear any of you chide me again. I want to focus on catching these monsters in the most HUMANE way possible, so we don't have to worry about being eaten. So let's focus, mkay dears?"

She gave him (James) the thinnest smile she had ever given to anyone. Then she averted her gaze forward and kept walking.

Last edited by Goblinfrog; 03-11-2019 at 02:18 AM.