View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 09:23 PM   #34 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

At first, Tina wasn't sure how well her answer would be received. She was relieved when Noble praised her answer, but then… Blink, blink. He was disappointed nobody thought of yodeling? Merlin, she hoped he was joking about that (though she wouldn't be entirely surprised if he wasn't)! It was hard to tell with him sometimes. Oh well, it didn't matter. The praise was nice while it lasted, and she'd more or less correctly guessed the balloons’ purpose in the lesson. That was pretty cool, she guessed.

Tina paid attention to Professor Noble's demonstration, and the slightest of smiles crossed her face. She didn't find the effects of helium particularly funny in and of itself - that was one of the oldest party tricks in the book! It was more the odd juxtaposition of that squeaky voice coming from the grumpy potions master that amused her. As she got up to collect a balloon from the front of the room, she wondered what her own voice would sound like. Probably like a snooty French Minnie Mouse, she thought. The helium may change the way her voice sounded, but it wouldn't disguise her accent.

Great, just what she needed. Group work and looking silly… it looked like this activity was going to combine two of her least favorite things! Well, better get this over with! Tina returned to her seat, balloon in hand. She untied the string, held the balloon up to her lips, and inhaled. “Hello! How are you today?” she said, turning to her neighbor (Anna).

Merlin, she sounded ridiculous! Was she done now, or did she have to keep talking until the helium wore off? It was going to be awkward if she did! She wasn't much of a talker, even without the helium.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...