View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 05:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
lazykitty

DMLE & DMAC
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kalie Carter-Hope Gellar
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Alfred Ludovic Devereaux
Accidents & Catastrophes
x7 x4
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Expecto PAWtronum 🐈 | U-NA-GI

Thankfully, his spell had turned up nothing, not that he was expecting it to. He was well and truly the first one here. He wasn't that way for long though, as he was shortly joined by Ava and Emilia in quick succession. "Hey," Ronan greeted each with a smile. But that was all, since pretty soon they were joined by the department head herself, who started the training session.

"If someone clears their throat or shallows before answering, they're probably lying." Since being questioned about whatever they did would cause a rise in anxiety, which would cause dryness in the throat. "Or if they bite or lick their lips." As for what he'd do... "I would get them to tell me the truth by keeping calm, acting empathic to their plight, seeming engaged in what they are saying and most importantly, playing all of this off as sincere by lowering my voice slightly and slowing my speech. Help them rationalize their actions by reminding them that everyone makes mistakes. Downplay the seriousness of the situation and tell them I see this type of thing all the time. Assure them that there's plenty of blame to go around and spread the blame wherever I can convincingly do so. Use implicit language so that the person buys into what I'm saying. For example, tell them that I want to work to get the matter resolved. I wouldn't be judgemental." Which was actually a good general rule for life, but that was a digression. "And most importantly, I wouldn't allow the person to voice a lie or denial, since that would allow them to get more psychologically entrenched in said lie or denial and less likely to tell me the truth." He'd actually studied this part of the training guide about a thousand times, so he was pretty sure he'd nailed it.

You are Salt!