Thread: Ecological: Office of Olly Emmons-Clarke
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 08:54 PM   #43 (permalink)
Jessiqua

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
Olly looked up from gathering her things from her desk, about to head out of her office. Hopefully this wasn't yet another person asking about their new café. James' office was so much closer, they should just go to him. She really had better things to do. Maybe she should put up a sign inside the café that said that all questions or concerns should be directed at James.

That was what she was going to do tonight.

"Come in." She called out to whoever was outside her door, standing on the other side of her desk, her back towards the door. She put the remaining pieces of parchment into a neat pile and double checked to see if she'd put everything else she needed into her bag. Her plan was to find Archer, talk to him about the new initiative and then go home for lunch.

And maybe work from home the rest of the day too.
"Hello Boss," Archer said in jest as he entered Olly's office. He got straight to the point by first showing her his hand-drawn picture, which he had animated, of the prototype plant. It was in a decorative looking pot - not too outrageous, but something a little fancier than a terra cotta pot. The leaves were of different shades of green, and large, with beautifully varied flowers. One or two of the bulbs opened to show a large mouth snapping at a nearby fly.

"The roots here," he said, pointing to the bottom of the pot where some fluffy-looking greenery was growing, "are calming herbs. I've researched a few ways to make a fresh tea from them, right from the picking, so that if anyone is feeling particularly stressed they can harvest some of the small leaves, steep in hot water for five minutes and have a calming beverage." He'd tried it himself at home, and it had worked. "And my wife helped me with a fertilising powder they mix with water. It gets into the flower roots and lets off a scent that's mostly individual to whoever smells it. The aim is for something calming, but some people might just detect a pleasant aroma." He wasn't sure just yet, having only tested it on his family. The aroma he detected left him feeling alert and energised, yet calm.

"I've got some seedlings growing in the Greenhouses, but this one," he pointed to the picture, "is safe in my home greenhouse." He would bring it in to show Olly once it had matured. He hoped it would only be another few days, when the flowers opened.

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move