View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 04:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Stefan
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Mordred did his very best to explain things to Noah regarding Sophie's worry about him going to a boarding school early on. He understood his son's want to be with his friends for the whole week, but he thought it pointless to start him early with the program since he will be attending Hogwarts in a few years time. "You have to keep in mind that you will be attending a different school. And when I say different, it's nothing like Wycliffe." Mordred said calmly as he straightened Enzo's clothing, and placed him inside his cot to play. The dragonologist sat on the nursery's armchair and reached out to pat Noah's cheek. "I understand why you want this son, but you have to understand too that we still need to keep you close to home so we can be sure you are ready for Hogwarts." And yes, to keep Sophie's paranoia at bay...at least for the next two years. Merlin, help them all.

"BUT---" Noah held his breath as he watched his father pace the nursery in his usual calm demeanor to pick out his baby brother's clothes, and watch him put it on Zee like a well-oiled machine. Noah could feel his cheeks burn as he felt his argument be shattered into pieces. He knew that his dad's words were the law, and it always was final. The young boy sighed as he ruffled his hair in frustration, no longer looking forward to meeting this Hogwarts friend of theirs, and probably skip dinner altogether. There was just no winning with his dad. Noah crossed his arms across his chest as his dad took his seat. The touch on his cheek didn't do much, and he certainly DID NOT UNDERSTAND why they are so against him going to a boarding school. Sure, Hogwarts was different, but what's so special about it that THEY have to make sure he's ready? He's got magic, and that's that! It was the only requirement needed to get to that school. That doesn't need any checking because he was a Mordaunt. "Whatever..." Noah turned his back as soon as he heard the commotion downstairs, and rolled his eyes. Great, now he has to actually put up a front to show this friend of theirs that things are doing a-okay. "Your visitor's here, I'm afraid." Noah stopped short at the door to look at his dad who was watching him.

Mordred did not expect Noah's attitude, and if he was going to be honest with himself, he felt a violent kick in his chest. "Watch your mouth, Noah." Was this how his own father felt when he made things hard for him? He didn't want his son, nor any of his children to be disappointed, but he knew that these years with them was as important as learning from the best magical school there is. What didn't go amiss, however, was the burning determination in Noah's eyes when he turned around to announce Beezus' arrival. He knew there was something more. Mordred let out a sigh as he stood up from his seat and retrieved Enzo from his cot. "Is there anything you wish to add to your argument, Master Mordaunt?" Mordred asked, as he single-handedly carried Enzo in his arm, and straightened the toddler's outfit, making their way to the door. "If this is about getting your own room, I say...I'll think about it." Mordred quickly brushed Noah's hair with his other hand as he saw a shadow of a smile from him. "Let's not keep them waiting, shall we?"

The father of four went downstairs with Noah behind him, and did a quick sweep of the immediate vicinity. He could hear Scarlett from where he stood and shook his head in disbelief and amusement. The three went downstairs, and headed for the kitchen. "I see you've made yourself comfortable," Mordred said, announcing their presence. "Good evening to you, Beezus." Merlin, it has been ages since he last spoke of that name. "I see you have met my daughter Catherine," he said giving her an ecouraging grin, seeing how uncomfortable she is. "This is Mackenzie, our youngest." he continued, as he showed their almost two-year old off to her, watching Enzo's piercing green eyes make sense of what was going on around him. "And this is Noah," Mordred said putting his available hand on his son's back.

"Hello," he said giving the woman a quick uninterested wave, and sat next to Catherine to drink her orange juice. Merlin. All that talking from his argument earlier sure made him thirsty. "What's the verdict?" he asked his twin, slightly gesturing his eyebrow towards the woman with a strange name. "Found anything weird?" he whispered.

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.