Thread: Law Enforcement: Office of Alexa Cambridge
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 08:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
A hint of a smile appeared on her lips when Alexa appeared and came down the hall. "Afternoon," she replied as she waved away the charms on her door. That was what she wanted. Her own office. Alexa had surely deserved it and she wouldn't want anyone else sitting behind this door. But Evie wanted her own, too. Though, it would get tiring, sitting at a desk for hours at a time...

The Auror followed her new department head into her office and looked around with a somewhat pleased smile. "You know, I like this," she said as she took a seat on one of the couches. "You've earned it."

And that was all the socialness that was necessary.

"I wanted to talk to you about the YATIL position. I'd like to apply." Did she need more information?
The comment got the faintest smile out of her too. It was nice, wasn't it? At first, she thought she'd absolutely hate it, but after fitting it to exactly how she wanted, things weren't looking so bad. "I've decided it's not the worst office I could suddenly be forced to spend more time in." A sentiment she was sure Evie could understand. When you were out in the field near constantly, a desk and an office did sorta feel like confinement.

But good, they were getting to the serious stuff. While Lex liked Shacklebolt, she didn't like small talk. It irked her beyond words. The woman had never had the patience for it and didn't think the new position would change that.

"Thank Merlin." Was her first reaction.

"Good. Someone has to deal with them and I was half worried no one would want to." The attitudes toward some of the recent YATI didn't go unnoticed. Hiring outside the division would've been a royal pain in her rear. "Tell me what you can bring to the position."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRaven View Post
That meeting was... so quick.

But it was good, though. Long meetings weren't her favorite because she often got bored and sleepy. After they got dismissed, Ava decided to reach the department head because she wanted to talk about her.... condition. Well, she knew pretty much about how she couldn't be promoted as an auror yet since she left in the middle of her last training year. It would be good if she got a chance to be back because after all, being an auror was still her ambition.

Taking a deep breath, the 21 year-old knocked the door and waited. It's going to be fine, Ava. It's going to be fine. Her mind kept reciting those sentences.
The knock on the door drew her head up up from the pile of papers she was currently pouring over--and getting a mild headache from. She shot a brief glance over at the bulletin board by the door, looking to see if whoever it was bothered to write their name on the board on the other side but no such luck. She'd have to wait til whoever came in did.

"Come in." Lex called out.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.