Thread: Law Enforcement: Conference Room
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 01:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

The hour was drawing closer to 10 and even without having actually started the meeting, she was solidly ready for it to be over. Next to orientation, start of year meetings were the bane of her ministry employment. The Department Head had a feeling that wouldn't change for a while--if it ever did.

Hazel eyes instinctively flew to the door as a figure appeared and walked through. Simon. She wasn't at all surprised he'd been the first to arrive, in fact there was a part of her that expected it. "Morning." She greeted, making the conscious effort to stop swiveling in her chair now that she had company and more company still as Hirase entered behind him. She could remember a time when they shared the castle back at school. Suffice to say she was relieved he'd grown out of whatever he was dealing with back then. "Morning."

Oh, Jake had parchment with him? Interesting stuff? Lex crooned her neck a moment, trying to get a peak even as she returned the greeting. Morning." It was weird, y'know? Not walking in with a grumbled 'morning' then sitting quietly in agitation for the moment it was over but instead actively returning greetings. Definitely weird.

And there was one of the newbs (Amidala). Lex returned her nod with one of her own. In this department, it didn't take long for people to know almost everyone. With all the intersecting that happened and the fact many depended on each other to stay alive, it was bound to happen. She'd wait to see how well she fit in. And another two newbs while they were at it. Lex watched as first Espinosa then Creed made their way into the room. At least she wouldn't have to worry about this lot not understanding the importance of everyone else's time. It was precious on this level, and heavily guarded. "Morning."

Then it was back to the familiar faces. "Morning." She'd caught the fidgeting and thus the ring now on the Keighley's finger but didn't feel inclined to say anything more about it. Especially not when her attention was drawn to the next to enter. Burton. She'd read over her file and had made the necessary notes. It was one of the first matters of personnel that she'd had to deal with and was still currently dealing with. "Morning."

Carter's nod was returned in kind. Just that, a small nod. Merlin knew what was plaguing the boy at this time of the morning but that was something for the YATIL to look into. Speaking of, she'd need to figure that out.

"Any more citrus and I'll be immune to the common cold, Rider." If only he'd sat next to her, she could kick him under the table as was their custom at these meetings. Alas, he'd taken the seat over by Simon.Merlin how was she going to throw useful memos at his head now when she was done with them? Suffice to say she hadn't thought through all the things a change in office would mean. This one kinda crept up on her.

Annnyyyywwwaaaayyyyy, as she'd meant what she said about no one here having time to waste, it was time to address them. Anyone who wasn't already here was likely not coming. Busy busy department this one.

"Right, let's get cracking. There's just a few things I want to go over quickly, housekeeping mostly. Things we gotta iron out. Stuff to get on the same page with." Didn't need a memo card or a piece of parchment. It was a short list and she was pretty familiar with everything on it. "First thing's first. We're gonna need a new Head Auror....obviously. For now I'll retain the role until the position can be filled but that's something to keep at the top of your heads. Stop by the office if you want a discussion and I'll take it into consideration. Similarly, Vivi's stepping down from YATIL meaning we're gonna need a new one of those, too. Same procedure, drop by if you think you're qualified and you're interested."

Someone was gonna have to keep the YATI in line and until they moved from part time workers, she would pass on that. "Muriel, our receptionist for those of you who don't know, will be taking some time off for the next month." Some...stress thing or another. She'd been vague for the usually chatty older woman. "That means we'll need some help manning the front desk. If you've got some time to spare, have a seat out there. Take your files with you if you want. It's an open opportunity for some extra office hours to any YATI interested as well." Might as well make use of them while they were here and it'd be a chance to work at a desk so not all bad.

"Before I continue, I'd like an update on what you've been working on or things you plan to get rolling." Just so everyone could be in the loop.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.