View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 01:51 PM   #32 (permalink)
TeafortheSoul
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
Default continuing on the north side of the street
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicute View Post
Ray felt rather pleased with how this was going so far. He felt Ram had a way of thinking that was easy for him, Ray, to follow. Yes. That made things easy to organise. Far more than those wishy washy types who didn't really know what they wanted, always changing their minds. Not that Ray would complain too much, everyone who enjoyed his stationary was a valued customer. Having a quick moment to think over Ram's bargaining proposition, and deciding that knocking off a galleon from the monthly price wouldn't leave him wanting, he figured it would be okay. Besides, this was going to be an ongoing monthly supply, a certainty. "You have a deal Ram," Ray said with a firm nod of his head. With a little arrow underneath the total cost of the monthly receipt, Ray made a note that it was a one-off charge, and wrote the amended price for the monthly billing. He wouldn't forget, but just in case his wife came and helped him with the books.

Ray listened to what Ram was saying, or... trying to say. No, he said it. The long way. "I'll hand deliver it tomorrow morning five minutes prior to opening if that suits you." That way the delivery would be ticked off his own to-do list, but also Ram would have his things ready for the day.
"Oh good. Yes. Sounds good. A deal and a delivery and an ongoing agreement. Thank you Ray." Was it okay for him to just call the man Ray? Wasn't overly friendly? Because he was doing it. Easy to remember, not being too far off his own shortened form name. He signed the paper too.

"I'm heading by Gringotts later, so I'll have the initial amount for this lot deposited, and as a gesture of good faith, next month's too." Sure saved him emptying out almost his entire money pouch when he still had several more errands to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pundantic View Post
SPOILER!!: Ray and Not-Ray

Della lived in a constant state of distraction. Her mind fired off in a million different directions every moment of everyday. It was the artistic side of her that was constantly observing her surroundings and mining for inspiration. In this shop alone, she had heard three different unique sounds that she already had plans to bake into some atonal compositions for her theory of modern music class.

So, you know, she could more than wait for Not-Ray to help out with her absolutely shattered wand. She was well-occupied. And Della wasn't even sure how it had gotten into its decimated state. She didn't even remember losing it. Maybe she had stuck it under the lid of a piano and the little mallets upon each click of the keys had slowly chipped away at it. Or maybe it had gotten lost in her absolute disaster of a bag. Or maybe it was Sebastien's fault. She liked to blame him for things. It was convenient.

She fished out the coins for her invisible ink and forked it over to Ray. Sheepishly, she smiled, "Maybe we should wrap it, yeah." After all, she had more than proved she was not capable of keeping breakable things in-tact.

While she waited for it to be wrapped, she addressed Not-Ray, "I'd really appreciate the help. I don't even know how it happened." Really. She had no clue what happened to her wand. It was easy to lose track of, okay? It did not even crack the top ten of important things in her life.

He waited too for her package to be wrapped and tried not to overthink what could have been done to have caused such damage to a wand. It was abnormal - most people took much better care of such an important piece of equipment. Ram wouldn't know if he could fix it or not until he got a good look at it and took the time to examine it of course, and he wouldn't do that here.

Was she done then? He nodded at Ray, given their business was finished for now. "I will see you in the morning, Ray. Thank you."

And.... err.

A nod at Della too. They were going, yes? Well. He was.

He headed out of the shop, intending to wait for her in the street and also get his bearings.

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you