Thread: Boathouse
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 03:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
Uncle Moose
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8
Default I was a fool to wait on replying to his masterpiece
Mom says I have no sense of direction, so I packed my bags and right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post

"Oh, how romantic, a moonlit boat ride!" Nettie laughed, completely oblivious to the blushing. If she had noticed the blush - well, she probably still would have made the joke, because she wouldn't have put two and two together. She shook her head when he asked if she wanted to take one out. "Nah, it's ok. I'm not a big boat person, although it's interesting that they have so many of them and we seem to only use them once a year," she muttered with a shrug. She looked down at her book, flipping through the pages.

"It's more just like...my thoughts. A journal," she explained. She suddenly realized how close she was, and if he really tried, he probably could read a little bit of her writing from where he sat. She could not have THAT happening. He might accidentally see something about the dates she had been on, and...yeah, no. She moved a little bit to the left, which caused the boat to rock - a bit more than she had anticipated. Eyes widening, she reached out to try and steady herself - and her journal flew right out of her hands and in to the water with a defeating PLOP. It was like the entire scene had played out in slow motion, and now all her secret thoughts were floating to the bottom of the lake, for any merperson to see!

"OH NO! MY DIARY!" she exclaimed in horror. Jumping up in alarm, she nearly tumbled backwards out of the boat as it rocked suddenly again, throwing her arms out and steadying herself before she did so, grabbing on to Mark's shoulder to help.

If the words she was writing in her journal were visible to Mark with how close she was sitting to him Mark hadn't taken the opportunity to look at them. He was so focused on looking mostly just at Nettie and then at the suroundings behind Nettie so it didn't seem like he was looking at her all the time. Plus the times he would blush Mark was more looking at the back of his own hands resting on his knees than at the Journal. Curiously the young Ravenclaw wondered if she wrote about him. He hoped only good things. They had only ever had good experiences together so there was no way he was rubbing her the wrong way. Nope.

Did she have to say it like that. "Well yeah um...sure. Or just a normal platonic boat ride too." Mark's face was a full shade of pink now. "Right so we should definitely go out on the boat." he twiddled his thumbs together and looked behind Nettie. "Not now I mean. Later. Like maybe in a couple of years or something."

It was then that he put his eyes back on Nettie and noticed the look of horror on her face and then he looked over to the side of the boat as he heard the plopping noise and the shape of a book slowly sinking out of sight. This was all happening so quickly now. Nettie jumping up, the boat rocking and then her hand on his shoulder....her hand was on his...shoulder she was touching him. He was so flustered from her touch and scared that the boat would flip on them.

Think Mark think. Do something now. Quickly run through your options right now. Unfortunately the only thing that seemed to stand out among all scenarios was his sister screaming to jump overboard. So...taking Netties hand from his shoulder he looked to the water as his only escape, and the Second year carefully flopped back-first into the Lake waters.