View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 05:02 AM   #85 (permalink)
Ginevra

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Default Mini Activity Post 2
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Daisy took in a steady breath of air as she began her "healing duties". She saw a shallow wound on the lower left of the dummy that she was treating. Daisy froze for a moment because of a momentary flashback but she quickly regained her composure.

She administered three drops of the Essence of Dittany to the wound and as she waited for the potion to take effect, she placed a dittany leaf on a small cut on the dummy's forehead. Daisy observed that the swallow wound had started to heal rather quickly as did the cut.

The Hufflepuff administered more Essence of Dittany onto various swallow wounds and placed a leaf each on a few more cuts and waited for the dittany essence/leaves to take effect. Soon, she had written her findings on her parchment.

Quote:
Name & Year: Daisy Swann, 6th Year
House: Hufflepuff

Question 1: How did the dittany effect the wounds and cuts?
The Essence of Dittany was very effective in healing shallow wounds. After administering a mere three drops of Essence of Dittany, it was as if the wounds had happened ages ago. There was no scarring and the wound site looked as if it had been restored to a pre-injury state.

The dittany leaves shrunk the slightly larger cuts and made the smaller ones vanish entirely.

Question 2: Did you have any issues with administering the dittany to the cuts and wounds?
Only due to personal reasons. I had a momentary flashback but I regained my composure. The actual administering was fine.

Question 3: Do you think swallowing dittany leaves raw would have had a stronger effect on the healing of the wounds and cuts?
I don't think so because the wounds/cuts would not be treated topically and that's the best way to treat such injuries. I think swallowing Dittany when it is in a Wiggenweld Potion is the only good use for it.