Thread: Pathways
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 02:32 AM   #22 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
The Health and Wellbeing club or whatever it was called sounded a bit like his theory PE lessons or PSHE had been like in school. They weren’t his favourite but they were kinda useful in the long run. “I’ll think about that” It would be a good place to get to know other likeminded kids too and if they did exercise sometimes then it didn’t sound too bad at all.

“Are you a Muggleborn then?” he asked his classmate. He assumed that pure bloods would attend some form of Wizarding primary rather than slumming it out at a muggle one. That being said Caolan loved his old school and he wished that somehow he could integrate the two.

There was nothing worse than when a conversation was interrupted by somebody else. It tipped the scale when it was a Professor and they were barking orders at you. For a start it was not school time and they were perfectly allowed to do whatever they wanted to do as long as it was within reason and not breaking any school rules. If that was to sit outside in the cold RECOVERING from a run then that was what they were going to do and nothing Mrs Bossy over here could say would change that.

His smile turned into a frown as he looked between her and Gunnar. “As you probably know the cold helps to reduce inflammation and recover your muscles after exercise.” So ACTUALLY they were helping their bodies by sitting here in the cold and there was nothing she could say that could argue with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblinfrog View Post
Wait, were these two students actually disobeying her? It certainly seemed like it - but perhaps they just weren't aware that she was actually giving an order. They were both acting rather polite, so that was what she was going to assume was happening.

"Well I'm glad to hear that you were exercising previously, Mr. McCarthy, but I do believe you've been breaking here longer than you should. You too, Mr. Wilson. Were you not having a pleasant conversation as I approached?" And she DID hear them, so she knew they were. Breaks in between exercises should be short enough to allow you to catch your breath and no longer than that, at least in her opinion.

She examined them to see if she could catch any shivering. She couldn't, but she decided to pretend that she did. "Why Mr. Wilson, you're even shivering!"
Did she have the authority to order them to exercise? Perhaps not (though she did have that authority last year), but she was determined to get them to exercise, even if just a little.
No, he wasn't Muggleborn, but Gunnar didn't have the chance to explain the connection to Caolan or say anything about why his parents thought he should go to the school that he and his siblings had. All thoughts of his earlier conversation had more or less disappeared once the History of Magic professor accosted them from out of nowhere.

He glanced at the other boy when he gave O'Hara very sound information about muscle recovery and he nodded his agreement. But honestly? Why did they need to justify why they were sitting on a bench and having a conversation? This was nothing short of ridiculous.

"We were, but what of it?" He responded curiously to her question of their conversation on the bench. They might have been talking for a few minutes, but she also had no idea how long either of them were running before then. They were allowed to sit here if they wanted. "No disrespect meant professor, but I wasn't aware there was a time limit for sitting on this bench, and as far as I know we aren't breaking any rules." So he wasn't about to jump up just because she said so and she could go pester someone else who was actually breaking the rules. Why'd she have to pick on them anyway?

Wait... was Caolan shivering? Gunnar knitted his eyebrows together as he turned to look at the other boy when the woman made that "observation." He clearly wasn't and he hadn't noticed anything like that while he was sitting here. Why would she lie about that? Teachers weren't supposed to do that and he wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line