View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 01:53 AM   #83 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Tina kept her place in the field throughout her team's turn to bowl, keeping her eyes peeled for any balls that headed her way. A couple of times, the ball came close, but each time, she didn't react fast enough. Either the ball sailed past her before she could catch it or someone else got to it before she did. Ugh! Cricket was so frustrating (and confusing)! But Tina supposed it could be worse. At least she wasn't stuck wicket keeping or bowling! As annoyed as she was with her failure at fielding, she kept at it. While her eyes scanned the pitch for any balls flying through the air, she noticed Professor Stewart beaming at her. She nodded, giving a small smile in return, but that split second of distraction cost her.

Tina's smile vanished as a ball went right past her. Come on, Tina! Get your head in the game, she silently berated herself for not paying attention. Okay, no more goof ups! She was going to catch the next ball that came at her, no ifs, ands, or buts. She stood, poised to strike, but before she got the chance, the teams were switching out. Finally! Now she could stop humiliating herself in the field and focus on the one aspect of this crazy sport she was semi-confident about (batting).

When Tina's turn came, she stepped up with a determined fire in her eyes, as if daring the bowler to even try anything funny. Nope, she was not getting out that easily! She gripped the bat tight as she crouched down, trying to emulate the stance Professor Noble had demonstrated earlier. Her eyes locked on the ball as it came closer and closer. All the frustration she felt at her previous failures built, flowing through her body to the tips of her fingers wrapped around the bat, and it gave her more power behind her swing. The bat and ball made contact with a resounding WHACK! It was going, going... yeah, it was gone. But Tina didn't have time to pat herself on the back just yet. She dropped the bat and ran as if she had a hungry dragon chasing her, hoping she'd make it before anyone caught her ball. If her team lost, it wasn't going to be because of her!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...