View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 06:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
Birchwoodmom

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Kassie scooted past him and into his office as quick as a bouncing bulb and straight for the warming fire emanating from the fireplace. Joshua shut the door, before he followed her deeper into the office. Curiously he asked "Brazil? Have you not told me that you’ve lived there or have i forgotten? I guess brazilians haven’t seen much snow or felt so much cold have they?"

Listening attentively as Kassie shared the nature of his visit he nodded. "I can definitley help you with the sage. How large quantity of high-quality sage do you need for your lessons? Are you going to let the students burn sage like centaurs do?"

She let out a soft laugh. Of course he wouldn't know her life history. "Back all those years ago, I transferred to Castelobruxo in Brazil for their exchange program." She rubbed her hands together in front of the fire. "After my parents divorced, my father ended up moving there, so I decided to stay. That's why I never came back to Hogwarts." She turned to face Joshua. "And, no, it really doesn't ever snow or get cold." Kassie longed for a bit of the sun and warmth that she was used to.

She thought for a moment after Joshua's question. "Well, let's see. My current supply is almost depleted. The students have been using far more than I anticipated." She added up how many bundles had been used in their pendulum lesson, by far their biggest amount. "I will need at least 300 bundles to get us through the next few months and each bundle is about 115 grams." Her eyes widened briefly thinking about how much that was going to be. "Goodness, do you think you can get that much? I could always order it in, but it would take several weeks to arrive from my supplier." She could kick herself for not being more prepared. Especially since she had an overwhelming feeling that something was off at Hogwarts, though she had no idea what, and she needed to be cleansing the castle. To answer his last question Kassie shook her head. "No, we won't be looking for shapes in the smoke. I prefer to use sage for its protection and purification qualities."

Once she finished, Kassie realized she had completely forgotten her manners. "What is with me today? I've forgotten how to behave and haven't even inquired as to how you are doing. I hope well." She really did want to know. Even though they spent many hours a day in the same building, she never had much of a chance to catch up with her old friend.