Thread: Courtyard
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 10:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Erindipity

DMT
Mountain Troll

x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by awakemysoul View Post
Benji’s eyes had lulled closed without him realizing it, and he found himself waking from a doze he didn’t know he’d been in at the sound of Penny’s voice. He perked up instantly, a wide grin spreading across his face. ”Not at all!” he exclaimed, scootching over so she could join him on the bench. ”I’m early. I was excited.” Truthfully, he was always excited to see her. They may not have said it yet, but he knew he felt it. You know, IT. The big one that started with an L. That one. He only allowed himself to think the word every once in a while, and he’d used up his quota for the day already. He was too scared to find out that Penny didn’t feel the same way, so not saying it and rationing his thoughts about it made that easier to handle.

”How was your day?”
Her smile widened when his own grin appeared. It was so weird how he made those butterflies start fluttering around with the slightest look, one word, a smile. Yep. Definitely the L word. Hehehe.

Before Penny took her place beside him on the bench she leaned and kissed him quickly. MAN. She had been wanting to do that for awhile now. Not that she didn't see him and get to chat often, but like.... this was their time. THEM time. It was magical.

"It was... boring, really. Study group and such. How was yours? Tell me everything." She could listen to him recite the periodic chart and never be bored. It was how she knew it was THAT. Now she scooted closer and slipped her hand in his.