Thread: Ilvermorny: Horned Serpent Common Room
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 09:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
Zannash
Hufflepuff

DoM
Fire Slug

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mary Muldoon
First Year
Mysteries
inverted spacewalker ☄ quoth the Ravenclaw ☄ poptart torso & rainbow trail, nyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Jabre was glad to have a friend that was sharing information ad he was hoping maybe they'd get to be really good friends and could study together and this was his first real friend.

"Wait did you say spellchecking quills?" That was really interesting. How did they work and did she have one? "If you have magic that does things for you I guess it is okay not to learn as others do." What was the word she used for them again? No muse? No moose? "A wizarding primary school, they have those?" He was learning so much already and it was just the first day.

Nodding as she spoke about how they learned to fly, but nothing else, well this was weird. 'We would play all sports and learn them as well as just do physical fitness. Oh and ummm what is Quidditch and what was the other thing?"
Joan peered down at the book in her hand and continued to patiently listen as he asked more questions. She supposed the Wizarding and muggle world were far more different than she had originally suspected.

"Yup, we have spellchecking quills. There are also anti-cheating, self-inking, and auto-answering quills. We use anti-cheating ones during exams and the other ones aren't allowed during classes." She was glad to know someone who was so like her curiosity wise. "Yup, I went to one for about half my childhood. They teach born magical people and non-magical children of Magical people alike about both cultures."

"So, what do you do if you aren't very good with sports? Just struggle?" That was terrible! They made everyone play sports? "I am assuming they aren't as dangerous as quidditch and Quodpot because we don't make everyone play them simply because it would result in injury." It was true, both sports could be brutal. A fall from that high up can be fatal, and then pair that with quod explosions or bludger hits. This is why Joan didn't do sports. "They are the two most popular Wizarding sports. Both are done on brooms and involve enchanted balls."
Zannash is offline   Reply With Quote