View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 07:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
Eventful tryouts? Bel supposed so, all tryouts were an event in and of themselves, weren't they? The Hufflepuff captain had a specific reason for being here, not so much related to the tryouts themselves.

"Oh, yep! It was great! Except that Maxie and Ronan brought their own brooms- and well, they're first years, ya know? So I confiscated them." She felt a BIT bad about it, but they'd done fine on the school brooms anyway. "I promised I'd hand these over to you directly, so they'd be taken care of. I think they were a bit nervous about it." So... she looked around. Where should she put them?

"And I was wondering, professor, I mean I dunno yet about if I'll put them on the team or not, haven't really made any decisions yet and all, but if I do, can we get special permission for them to use their own brooms?" They would be more comfortable, she was sure, but it also wouldn't do them any HARM to use the school brooms... the school brooms weren't rubbish at all.
Perhaps that wasn't necessarily the best choice of wording to describe tryouts but yet these in particular seemed moreso, given the situation which she was already aware of having supervised the tryouts. But Bel was on top of the rules and Amelia had to admire the girl for her maturity in confiscating the brooms rather than ignoring it.

"Ah yes, thank you." Amelia nodded at the Hufflepuff Captain, although surely she knew that she already knew, because she'd been watching, but if she didn't... well, it didn't really matter anyway.

Listening to her request, she nodded thoughtfully. "Yes that makes sense and definitely something I would have to first bring up to the headmaster, as rules are rules, but exceptions can always be made to rules. Although, if they do make the team and are approved to use their own broom for practices and matches, then they are still required to store the brooms in the broomshed." As was everyone else. Just so that was clear. That wasn't a rule that would be changed, as far as she knew because they didn't need brooms in their dormitories and flying about the castle. Even as sweet as that might have sounded to fly to the Divination tower instead of taking the staircases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Daisy listened attentively as Professor Adara explained about internships. "I would prefer going to a London or Edinburgh-based wizarding university if I am honest with you due to the convenience of the location. Anyway, it wouldn't take me long to research it. Maybe I could send an owl to the head of St Mungo's."

Daisy smiled when she was complimented on her exam results. "Thank you, Professor." She then got up from her seat. "Well, I think you have helped me a lot, Professor. Thank you so much."
Amelia nodded as Daisy explained on her location preference. "I'd be happy to send along a letter of recommendation, as well, if you would like."

And then the Hufflepuff Prefect was rising from her seat and well, that was the end of their meeting, she speculated? "Of course. Anytime and if I'm not here or on the pitch, well, you could probably find me in the Hospital Wing."

ooc: reply not necessary unless you wanted to play leaving or anything <3

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.