View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 03:00 AM   #71 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Kaira! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeetha View Post
Kaira grinned. 'Me too! I also love Mahin Tendulkar, he is such a good batsman. Then there is Virat Jadeja, the all-rounder from Team India' she added. She loved cricket. Cricket was almost a religion, back in her mother's place.

OOC: Yes, I got that

They were playing cricket. Best lesson ever!! She moved on to near the plates to start fielding. She didn't wanna be the wicket keeper, she was afraid she would not be good enough at it. She stood there, waiting for the next set of instructions.

Adi listened in wonder. This little firstie was all up to date on her players “We need to talk more about cricket, Kaira! We can talk about players from way back in the days if you know the history about them.’’ Especially team India!

SPOILER!!: Abra! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
"Thanks, Professor!" Abra replied gleefully to Stewart after he had successfully knocked down the wicker.

Then he'd had his go at batting, and then Noble was speaking to him and Abra looked slightly nonplussed for a moment, looking between the professor and the bat, and then the wicker behind him. Keep the bat... down... right. Lower in the knees... riiiiiight. As Noble went through each instruction, Abra tried to copy what he was doing. "Ohhhh... okay, I get it... Because I'm meant to be protecting the wicker-... wicket, right?" Right. He remembered now.

Abra's second try at batting went a lot better than his first had. He was a little more conscious of how he was holding it, for a start, and once he kept it in his head to keep the bat down, it was a lot easier. He did, of course, have a little experience hitting bludgers (to let off steam, rather than while playing as a beater) and not only was the cricket ball smaller and more predictable than a bludger, but the bat had a bigger surface area for hitting it away with. He felt reasonably confident that he could manage it this time, with the bat in the right place.

So when that second ball came and Abra took a swing at it, he did indeed manage to get it with a good thwack, though almost at the end of the bat, and sent it careening off to Merlin only know where. Hey, that was pretty fun!

"Thanks Professor Noble!" Abra said with an enthusiastic grin towards the man. He felt downright intimidated by Noble sometimes, and found him to be such a professory professor, but Abra liked him in spite of that. Perhaps maybe actually because of that, actually.

But it was time to move on again, and so Abra moved with the rest of the group to where they were being led. He hoped that this next part would have something to do with catching, because that was absolutely where his talents lay (although it would have been better if he could be on a broom at the same time), and he was not disappointed. At Professor Stewart's go-ahead, he quickly headed out to one of the plates relatively far away, and got ready to start doing some catching. Fielding. Whatever.

Abra didn't have to wait long at all for a ball to come flying in his direction. Almost before Adi hit the ball Abra got a feeling like it would be coming his way, and he immediately perked up. The ball was hit, and off it went flying, sort of towards Abra but mostly to his right. Naturally, Abra went running after it with an "I've got this!", arm outstretched and ready to catch it. He ran, he ran, he put on a last burst of speed, LeAPT INTO THE AIR... and caught it. Seeker skiiiiiiills.

Beaming to himself (but also breathing heavily because Merlin, running was so not his thing), Abra returned the ball and went back to his plate.

Such talent taken from the Quidditch pitch to the cricket pitch was not unnoticed. It was was certainly a joy to watch. Noble certainly helped by providing extra support and motivation. As she had with other kiddos in the form of compliments, Kay clapped whenever she was able to catch a glimpse of Abra in action. Yes, he certainly was good with catching. Then again... Seeker.

Kay took a look at her watch. Time was moving rather quicker than usual, or so it seemed to her. There was just about half an hour left to the allotted lesson time which meant it was time to move onto the final aspect. She clapped her hands together to attain the attention of the kiddos. Too bad this session had to end. They were all making so much progress. Ignatius was certainly a sport, assisting and offering tips. Kay was grateful to him. “Alright, everyone! Great effort so far from each of you! Now that we have completed the practice sessions, we’ll move onto the main event- an actual match!’’ How exciting!

“We will be dividing up into teams, Adi leading one and I the other. Professor Noble will be our umpire. In a regular match, there are two umpires but in this case, we’ll make do with one. Now, a coin toss is done to determine which teams bats or fields first.’’ Kay opened her palm to reveal a Sickle. “Adi, your call.’’ Balancing the coin on her thumb and index fingers, it was flipped into the air.

Bounce, bounce, bounce!

Adi was excited! Like… SUPER excited. “Tails,’’ was his response to the question.

The Sickle spun and fell into Kay’s outstretched hand. “Tails it is. This means Adi gets to decide whether he wants to bowl or bat.’’ She looked to the man beside her.

“When faced with this question, captains would survey the pitch and the conditions under which the match will be played. Conditions include the weather and the dryness of the pitch. But today, I think my team will be bowling and fielding first.’’ No need to think about such conditions.

That means my team bats. Teams will now be selected.’’ And so the usual process began where the captains chose their teams until the kiddos were assigned as follows:

SPOILER!!: Adi’s Team!

Trinetta Gladin
Caolan Wilson
Fantine "Tina" Dantes
Malachi Mitsue
Maxie B. Anderson-Belfort
Kaira Parker
Ashleigh-Marie Ashby
Stasya Dalgaard-Volkova
Patrick Dooley
Bel Macindoe
Eamon Macnair
Septimus Hadley-Nairne
Cordelia Winklebleck

SPOILER!!: Kay’s Team!

Torii Stark
Zoryn Spinnet
Chloe McCarthy
Chloe Kettleburn
Jackson Thomas
Dorian Katharos
Abraham Botros Jr.
Daisy Eurus Swann
Lucas Sebastian Dakest
Hanna Newton
Rylee Caelyn Prichard
Sterling Archer Calrissian
Cameron Tamesis

“Come on, team! Take up your places along the green plates and surrounding spots! I’ll take up a spot at Mid- Off. Partick, I’d like for you to bowl first. Caolan, wicket keeper. ’’

Kay too directed her team but in this case, she needed to select her batsmen or batswomen but in this case, it was both. “Mr. Botros, Ms. Swann, you both will bat first. A reminder to everyone, that scoring runs between the wickets is somewhat like baseball- run from one wicket to the other once the ball is far enough. If it’s not, you don’t have to because the fielders can use this to their advantage and get you out in one of the many ways. For the fielders, it’s their job to get the ball to the wicket keeper or bowler as quickly as they can. Have fun, each and everyone of you.’’

“Let’s play!’’ The enthusiasm running through him was unbelievable! Already he had run off to take up his position.

OOC: Hey, guys! Please start wrapping up mini activity posts now. For the main activity, the teams were just split in half in the order of how I have you on my spreadsheet. This part of the activity will last for FOUR days. On the first two (7th-9th February at 22:00/10 PM EST) we’ll have Adi’s team fielding and bowling. As the RPers, you don’t have to actually wait for another RPer to post about the actions of the ball. Bowlers, pretend you’re bowling. Batsmen/woman, pretend the ball was bowled. Fielders, pretend the ball is coming in your direction. Post as many times as you want

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺

Last edited by FearlessLeader19; 02-09-2019 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Coding issues. Whaaa