View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 10:53 PM   #43 (permalink)
Jessiqua

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

She frowned at her candle, and then her stone. It wasn't glowing. She squeezed her eyes closed and thought of her candle as it was, the light still burnt into her retinas. It was glowing bigger and bigger. Bigger in a way that she noticed it. Yes, that was what was needed. A bigger flame. She kept that image in her head as she repeated the galdr. "kenaz kenaz kenaz, ku ka ki ke ko, kun kan kin ken kon, ok ek ik ak uk, kaunnnnnnnnn," and opened her eyes. The flame might have been slightly larger, but what she did notice was her stone glowed yellow. Not a huge glow. Nowhere near the glow of Professor Flamel's stone, but it was definitely glowing slightly. Like a dimmer light on really dim. But still there.

With fire, it was time for ice. She looked at the galdr in her text book, saying it under her breath a few times, trying to remember the exact way to chant it. She placed the kenaz stone into her left hand and swapped her isa stone into her right. Holding it, and repeating the same deep concentration, imagining the flame puffing out. "Isa isa isa, i i i i i i i i i, i i i i i i s s s s s s, s s s s s s i i i i i i, i i i i i i i i i," she said. When nothing happened, again, she let out a small sigh. She restarted her mind, picturing again the flame going out. Her isa stone glowing black. Being in darkness. A puff of smoke. She closed her eyes with that image held tightly in her mind. "Isa isa isa, i i i i i i i i i, i i i i i i s s s s s s, s s s s s s i i i i i i, i i i i i i i i i," she chanted, and opened her eyes. Still, her flame was steady. Almost as if it were mocking her.

She narrowed her eyes at it. "Why won't you go out?" she asked it quietly. She took a deep breath in and out, trying to let go of the frustration of failure. Flame. Going. Out. Darkness. She closed her eyes again, feeling the stone in her right hand, and pictured the flame going out. "Isa isa isa, i i i i i i i i i, i i i i i i s s s s s s, s s s s s s i i i i i i, i i i i i i i i i," she said again. She kept her eyes closed, still imagining the flame out, just for a moment longer. Then, opening her eyes, she saw the flame was out. Her stone was glowing black.

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move