Thread: Pathways
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 03:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
The sixteen year olds attention was drawn away from the ground in front of his feet where he had found himself staring at over to the kid that had joined him. He seemed harmless enough and Caolan was the sort that actually enjoyed some company most of the time. In fact one of his biggest dislikes was loneliness. He offered him a warm smile- not a big goofy grin but one of those ‘I’m friendly and harmless’ sort of smiles.

Caolan wouldn’t call himself an avid runner mostly because he was only doing it in order to stay active. But he did enjoy a morning stroll when he could muster up enough energy and motivation to get out from under his nice warm duvet. “I’m trying to be. I used to play a lot of sports back at my old school so I’m trying to stay fit.” And the food at this school was so good sometimes it was hard to keep yourself from going astray. “Other than playing Quidditch there’s not really much else you can do here sports wise.” Quidditch wasn’t his thing, at least it didn’t seem like it yet. Perhaps it would be something that gained his interests more as the year progressed but so far he had no inclination to try out for the team. He eagerly attended flying lessons though, he was certainly keen to learn to fly well at least.

“I’m from Northern Ireland” The north part was very important. “This is the first time I’ve lived away from home” As in away from Northern Ireland but technically it was the first time he was away from his Ma and little sisters too. He hadn’t felt too homesick but he did worry about how his Ma was going to cope with them by herself. As for enjoying being there that was a difficult question to answer. “It’s alright. Some things I’m loving but I think it’s quite easy to feel a bit..” Isolated? Invisible? ..overshadowed I guess.. Y’know? Big school, loud kids. Being sixteen and a new guy kinda difficult sometimes.” Why he was opening up to this kid he barely knew he wasn’t sure but Gunnar seemed pretty cool anyway.
Gunnar returned the other boy's smile and nodded a bit as he listened. He liked sports enough himself that he felt like he could relate. Though he had to wonder what sports Caolan played at his old school if not Quidditch. He was right in saying that there wasn't much more than Quidditch here, at least not in the way of physical activity.

"Ever think about trying out for Quidditch?" He could understand if he was new, he might not want to jump right into playing here. Gunnar hadn't played his first year here either. "There's also the Health and Wellness Group though," he added. "You might like to join since you're into sports." Not that they played organized sports like that, but it was good physical activity and fun.

Northern Ireland, right. Gunnar supposed he heard the accent, especially now that he had mentioned where he was from. "I'm from Germany," he offered in response, even if it wasn't really relevant right now. "Were you homeschooled then?" Maybe that would make it harder to leave home, but he remembered what he felt like his first year, especially without Chloe here. He nodded in understanding. "Yeah, I get that... everyone already sort of knows each other. But there are a lot of cool people here too. It just takes some time to adjust being here. I was pretty homesick my first year," he admitted.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line