View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 10:16 PM   #37 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Use the runes to make the flame smaller or larger? Seemed simple enough. Nettie always preferred the hands-on lessons when it came to Ancient Runes. Translating things? That was the WOOOOOORST.

Eyeing her flame, she picked up the Kenaz rune and tossed it up and down a few times in her right hand before holding on to it tightly and holding it next to the candle. She closed her eyes and began to focus on the candle, envisioning the flame getting brighter and brighter as she chanted. As she pictured it, she cleared her throat and finally began to chant.

"Kenaz kenaz kenaz, ku ka ki ke ko, kun kan kin ken kon, ok ek ik ak uk, kaunnnnnnnnn" she recited the galdr just as the professor had, smiling as the flame started to creep upwards, growing in intensity. GRIN.

She stopped once the flame had doubled in size, and then picked up the Isa rune. Holding that one in her right hand as well, she held it next to the candle and again began to envision what she wanted to happen. She pictured the flame receding, growing dimmer and then nearly going out. Once she was ready, she began the galdr for that rune as well.

"Isa isa isa, i i i i i i i i i, i i i i i i s s s s s s, s s s s s s i i i i i i, i i i i i i i i i," she muttered. The flame got smaller and smaller, and she concentrated a bit harder. This time she pictured it going out completely. The flame kept getting smaller, and she felt like she was practically staring DAGGERS at the flame, before it finally went out with a small POOF.

This runes thing wasn't so hard after all!

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid