Thread: Ilvermorny: Horned Serpent Common Room
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 09:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Zannash
Hufflepuff

DoM
Fire Slug

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mary Muldoon
First Year
Mysteries
inverted spacewalker ☄ quoth the Ravenclaw ☄ poptart torso & rainbow trail, nyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
This was blowing his mind. Magic was everywhere. Had he lived with it right in his own town without even knowing? He had to sit down, his head was spinning. The eleven-year-old looked around the common room and took a seat. "Wow" it was all he could get out. If his mother or father would hear this, what would they think?

He gave her a puzzled look though, "Not important in magical education, why isn't reading important. I mean yeah we know how to read by this age, but isn't there more English that is needed to be taught, like grammar things?" That was so weird and math, they were just getting into Algebra and stuff, like harder things in his school, that was just over now? This was such an odd thing to think about.

"P.E is physical education, like running around, playing sports for school. Every school in no maj did you say, school has it. " Maybe they had something similar or something.
Joan originally been opposed to stopping her reading so she could talk, but the conversation seemed worth her time now that the curiosity was flowing freely between them. He seemed to be very invested in the idea of an international Wizarding community.

On the matters of reading, she had never really questioned it, just taking the explanation given by her parents, which was the same one she had just given him. "Well, to be honest, that is just the explanation that everyone will give you. I suppose we do a lot of bookwork and essays, so it might just be built in, but I was never really sure." As for math, they just did it magically, but she really had no idea when it came to reading. "We do have things like spellchecking quills, but I would still think we need reading and we do have it in Wizarding primary schools." She was just thinking out loud now. "I was never really sure, I suppose."

P.E. sounded a bit like flying, but he had also said something about playing sports for school, which did not at all describe flying, because they just taught us to fly and that's it. No sports. "We have flying lessons here, but we don't play Quidditch or Quodpot during them, just learn how to fly on brooms.
Zannash is offline   Reply With Quote