View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 11:15 PM

Default Muggle Studies 1 :: Sports :: Cricket

This was going to be the last lesson that Kay would be holding outside since the cold weather was slated to to begin creeping in soon, given that November would be ending soon. Decembers in Scotland were not to be messed with in terms of the temperature. In any case, it was another sporting lesson, one which would require the students to be participating in physical activity. They would be kept extra warm by their own body heat. This part of the Ground had been transformed into a pitch with ‘tree stumps’ for seating purposes a small distance away (thanks to help from one Joshua Wishart). The setup should be nothing new to the students as previous lessons that term were taught in this setting by her. Close to her feet, in neat piles were gear for the topic they were to be covering that day: bats, pads, helmets, gloves, balls, wickets and the other necessary items.

Kay sat perched on one of the makeshift tree stumps, rummaging her purple satchel. “I know I put it in here,’’ she murmured to herself, her hand deep in the bag. But it was not there, the precious fountain pen that had been the last gift her father had given her. She let out a sigh of frustration but refused to admit defeat. A careful search of the satchel commenced again. “I don’t suppose you noticed a fountain pen fall out of my bag, did you, Adi?”

The young man to whom the question was directed looked to the Muggle Studies professor. “Nope, sorry, Ms. Stewart, but I didn’t.’’ He looked regretful as he bounced on his feet excitedly. It was great to be back at Hogwarts since he had left there ten terms ago. A lot had changed from then: he was now a father to a four year old boy and twin girls on the way; he co-owned a hippogriff and dragon reserve with his husband, Benny; played pro Gobstones for the Hereford Hippogriffs and coached the sport that was subject of the lesson. It was the reason Kaysha had brought him in- to assist with the finer aspects of the game.

What had not changed was Aditya Atreyu-Rehman’s energy level. He was pumped for this lesson to get started!

Helpful Links:
* Arrival replies + Question 1
* Question 1 replies + Question 2
* Question 2 replies + Mini Activity: Day 1
* Mini Activity: Day 1 replies + Mini Activity: Day 2
* Mini Activity: Day 2 replies + Mini Activity: Day 3
* Mini Activity: Day 3 replies + Main Activity: Day 1
* Main Activity: Day 1 replies + Main Activity: Day 2 update
* Main Activity: Day 2 replies + Main Activity: Day 3 update
* Main Activity: Day 4 replies + Class Dismissal

OOC: Hello, everyone! Welcome to our first OOC MS lesson! IC, this isn’t the first one, of course. In addition to Adi, we’ll have another guest dropping by so keep your eyes peeled We’ll commence the lesson in about 27 hours but in the meanwhile, post your charries gathering and interacting with Adi and Kay or reacting to the gears. <3 Class has commenced!