View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 01:32 AM   #53 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

See, this broom was nipping about a bit. This was much better, but it was a shame they couldn't go very high. Abra didn't really see why they weren't allowed to fly up high, unless it was to protect the brooms somehow, but he didn't say anything of the sort. Just flew and dodged left and right to avoid bludgers (there didn't seem to be much point in trying to rise and dive), and turned those cotton balls red whenever he passed one.

"Colovaria," he cast, as he nipped past yet another of the little cotton balls. He focused on the colour red and, lo and behold, it turned red as he tapped it with his wand. Abra supposed he should really be trying to cast the spell non-verbally at this point, but he was already test-riding a broom, dodging bludgers, and changing the colour of those cotton balls, which seemed like enough to be getting on with in one go. "Colovaria." Another cotton ball turned red.

He'd spent plenty of time on the Cleansweep, so Abra flew back to where his things were, dismounted the broom again, and went back to note down a few more things.

SPOILER!!: Parchment
Oakshaft 79: Looks difficult to ride, like an actual antique, which I suppose it is. Doesn't really look like it's fit for much more than sweeping the floor, let alone a long flight, but I suppose that's because I'm used to racing and Quidditch brooms being nimble and everything. (AFTER TEST RIDE) It definitely flies, and it feels sturdy, but maybe a little too sturdy, it doesn't feel very agile and I do not recommend it for avoiding bludgers. It definitely feels like a travelling broom, which makes sense, because that was what it is. Was? Is???

Cleansweep 30: More nimble-looking than the Oakshaft by far. Looks like you could really trust it when zooming about playing Quidditch. If I didn't have my own broom, I'd probably give one of these a go while playing Seeker. (AFTER TEST RIDE) A MUCH better flight than the Oakshaft, especially while trying to speed about and avoid things. Responded well to touch when turning and braking, and really feels like a racing broom.

Blasting Star: Not my kind of broom. Looks pretty basic but still more adaptable than the Oakshaft. Apparently a good broom for starting out. Looks like it.

Shooting Star 4000: Sleekest looking tail twigs, from what I can see. That kind of thing is good for speed. In fact, the whole broom looks really sleek and agile.

Jollyrocket: Definitely a broom. Looks like it flies well and has been well-maintained so should be a relatively smooth flight. Probably better for recreational flying than the Oakshaft but I think it has that in common with the Cleansweep and the Shooting Star.

You are Chocolate!