View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 09:26 PM   #43 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Oh? So the professor actually had an Oakshaft 79 on hand? That was pretty cool, although, with her profession, it made perfect sense. Also, she made up her mind--that was the one she wanted to ride! She kind of felt a calling for it now that she'd been the one to suggest it and all.

Okay, so were they all set to go now? The professor had never actually said to get started, and so far, nobody else had moved. Torii certainly didn't want to be the first to make a move either. They shouldn't just stand here forever, though, so the fourth decided to make a bold move and get this thing underway.

She moved to sit beside the Oakshaft 79 and took out her parchment and a quill. She took a few detailed notes on what she saw then she put her notes and quill back in her bag. Well, time to ride this thing then! The fourth year mounted the broom and kicked off, taking to the skies---well, four feet into the skies, that is. Her hands gripped the thick handle, and it crossed her mind that no other broom was made exactly like this. It coasted along, more content to take her from place to place than to race her along. She took it for a ride around the pitch, and when she was done, she returned the broom to the place she found it before.

Time for broom number two!
And of course Torii would want to test ride the Oakshaft; honestly Amelia was grateful for that because it WAS quite reliable and truth be told, if she had the choice between that and the blasting star, she'd actually choose the Oakshaft. She nodded at the Slytherin as she came back around after her flight and seemed relatively unharmed. Good. Good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
She was still looking for her assignment because well she had a mess already anyway and she knew she had it. Why couldn't she find it though? She was going to find it and listen, yes, that was what she would do. So she listened to the professor talk about brooms as she started putting her things back one at a time. What other brooms where there, did she really ask that question? There were so many Chloe didn't even know where to start. You had the big name brooms and then smaller broom companies that brought out their own. She was actually into those brooms. She liked a little local shop at home.

"FOUND IT!"

Oh whoops, her cheeks turned red, she didn't mean to yell that loud, but she found her assignment. It was there just like she thought, but it wasn't in the right place. Now that she had it she could get started on the rest of the class.

SPOILER!!: assignment

Chloe McCarthy
Third Year- Ravenclaw

My favorite broom is the Reichmann 230. It is a local German company in my hometown and the owner helps pick out the brooms. They are a very thick wood, but smooth and fast. You don't have to lean too far to get it to turn and the twigs have a cinnamon scent to them.

Now that she had that done, she could move on to what they were doing. What were they doing again?

Oh, that was right looking at the other brooms. Her broom was on the ground if they wanted to look at a German made one, but she went over and took the Jollyrocket first. It was an interesting feel. It seemed lighter than hers, but it had a nice handle to it.
.... good except Amelia nearly jumped back at the exclamation. Ohhhh... it was just one of the young Ravenclaws who had OF COURSE been stressing because she hadn't turned in her assignment. "I'd say indoor voices, but well, we're outside, sooo thank you, Ms McCarthy," Amelia grinned, taking the parchment and looking it over, nodding at her.

Wait, was Chloe lost now with what to do? Ah, well, she'd keep an eye and nudge her along if she needed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokimoto View Post

Jackson wasn’t surprised that most people picked the same kind of brooms to be honest… There were some that were just clearly superior. At least compared to some of the school brooms. He was grateful that there were some provided just in case, but Merlin they were not for Quidditch! The question posed helped Jackson realize how much studying up he could use because he couldn’t think of even ONE broom that was not present or already accounted for. Lame. He really needed to do more research for his own benefit, but he had been content with the fact that he had a good working broom. He got out a piece of parchment for note-taking and got started.

The first broom available was the Oakshaft 79 and MERLIN was it ancient. If there was anything that could help you believe in magic, it would be hopping on a broom centuries older than you and trusting it would fly you through the sky! Still hesitant, Jackson hopped onto the Oakshaft and tried it out. It was only minutes later when he was fine with never riding this broom again. “That’s gonna be enough for me…” he said as he got off, putting it back where he had found it.

Next up was the Shooting Star.

Another brave soul on the Oakshaft. Who seemed relieved to be off of it. "Surely it wasn't that bad, Prefect Thomas," Amelia remarked to him as he moved onto testing the next broom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Comparing and contrasting. Well. Okaaaaaaay. At least they still got to fly the brooms, even though it sounded like they weren't exactly going to be going very far. It was better than nothing, Abra supposed.

The easy part was first; just sort of... looking at the brooms, noting their differences, all that fun stuff. Well. Abra could do that. He even reluctantly got out his parchment and a spell-checking quill, and sat down on the grass so he could use his knee as a makeshift desk. It didn't matter to him how neat his handwriting actually was, as long as he got his thoughts down somewhere, he supposed.

SPOILER!!: notes
Oakshaft 79: Looks difficult to ride, like an actual antique, which I suppose it is. Doesn't really look like it's fit for much more than sweeping the floor, let alone a long flight, but I suppose that's because I'm used to racing and Quidditch brooms being nimble and everything.

Cleansweep 30: More nimble-looking than the Oakshaft by far. Looks like you could really trust it when zooming about playing Quidditch. If I didn't have my own broom, I'd probably give one of these a go while playing Seeker.

Blasting Star: Not my kind of broom. Looks pretty basic but still more adaptable than the Oakshaft. Apparently a good broom for starting out. Looks like it.

Shooting Star 4000: Sleekest looking tail twigs, from what I can see. That kind of thing is good for speed. In fact, the whole broom looks really sleek and agile.

Jollyrocket: Definitely a broom. Looks like it flies well and has been well-maintained so should be a relatively smooth flight. Probably better for recreational flying than the Oakshaft but I think it has that in common with the Cleansweep and the Shooting Star.
Descriptions first. Although to be honest, Amelia didn't blame the Gryffindor Prefect since flying was definitely the more exciting task when it came to today's activity. Speaking of which, it was seeming rather dry which meant she was going to have to spice things up.

Glancing around she swiftly summoned a small box. "OKAY. If you're on a broom, stay. If not, mount the closest broom to you. I don't care which it is because it doesn't matter but..." a quick motion and the box was opened, two bludgers zooming out. "Avoid the bludgers. And .... one more thing." A release of charmed white cotton balls. "Use your wands and cast colovaria to change the color to your house color. Yes you can change it if it's already been changed." Hopefully this would spice things up a little. "And of course, still keep note for how your broom is handling with this activity and if you want to switch to one of the others to test, you may do so..."

ooc: just adding to the activity of comparing/contrasting to add more for comparisons but we'll be wrapping up in the next 48-ish hours *crosses fingers* sooo just an fyi . Questions, ask me

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake