View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 04:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

SPOILER!!: Kay
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
It took a short moment but Kay eventually realised that Joshua must be hungry. It was clear to see just how hard he had been working. Why did she feel her guard soften? “I wouldn’t mind if you went ahead and ate.’’ Even the stiffness in her voice was toned down. Now that he spoke of his family, she was remembering a little more of him during their Hogwarts days. In truth, she had almost forgotten about his twin who she liked way better. Kay nodded. “I remember now. I guess that your grandfather’s one of the reasons you’re so knowledgeable about Muggle things.

“Thank you for agreeing to help,’’ the woman said, her lips tugging upwards slightly despite herself. “Each lesson will be focused on a different sport but I’ll be covering sports that use pitches for the first half of the term while court sports will be covered in the second half. I think that should make things a little easier for you but I’m sorry for tasking you with something extra.’’ Now that they’d gotten this settled, she should leave. Goodness knew if there was some prank laying in wait for her. But hearing the comment, she shook her head, her hair loosely shaking with the motion. “It’s not that. You look sweaty and tired. That’s all.’’

If Joshua registered the softening of Kay’s tone of voice he didn’t show it, he just nodded as he walked the few steps to his kitchenette to retrieve two scones and a can of marmalade and a spoon. Heading back to his table, he put on some marmalade on one of the scones and took two bites before he responded to Kay’s comment. "Yes, my grandfather was quite the muggle fan unlike my parents and he worked in the misuse of muggle artifact's office at the ministry when he worked, now he just advice's on cases when asked." His beloved grandfather was after all approaching the respectable 90’s now. "Does your parent's share your love for all things muggle too?" Had he ever asked her that before?

Smiling a little Joshua said "You’re welcome, and don’t worry about it Kay. That you will use a pitch first and then a court will simplify things for me a whole lot. It will be fun to see how the kids like the sports." From the little he would see between his lessons and other duties that was of course. Hopefully he’d see something though. Scratching his unshaven chin he admitted. "I had to get up early to perform my grounds-keeping duties, some of the trees bordering the forbidden forest are showing signs of illness and i had to investigate why and start administering some healing remedies." If it worked only time and patience would tell.

SPOILER!!: Hanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Hanna was on a mission: Lavender Revival.

Her beloved bush was wilting, and she had done everything her three years of Herbology had taught her with no success. It was time to bring in the big guns. The Professor.

She had a few kneazle-friendly treats in her pocket, and the bush carefully clutched to her chest. She positioned it on her hip as she reached up to knock with the very real looking door knocker.

After throwing some wood backlogs into the slow burning fire in the fireplace Joshua was lacing off his boots and craning off his fleece jacket. He had worn a tad warmer jacket today when he had been out working on the grounds and greenhouses since they we’re now in late October and the temps we’re dropping little by little by each week. Soon enough the red and orange and brown leaf piles would be replaced by frost. Joshua was about to go to his desk to review his lesson plans for the following day when he was interrupted by the distinctive sound of his door knocker.

Turning on his heel Joshua went to open the door first reacting to the very poor looking lavender bush in the girl's hands gasping out. ”Oh poor lavender, what has happened to you?" Raising his gaze to meet those of the girl clutching the bush he greeted. "Afternoon Hanna, want to come in? I guess you’re here on your weak looking plant’s behalf?"