Thread: Ecological: Office of Olly Emmons-Clarke
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 07:52 AM   #39 (permalink)
Jessiqua

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
Good, it was Archer.

And his greeting made Olly smirk a little too. Maybe she should invite him to her office every morning. It was a nice start into her day. "Good morning, Archer." Yes, she was his boss but it still sounded a bit funny in her head anyway. Especially considering he was like 15 years older than she was.

"I did, yes." She took a sip of her tea and picked up her quill - mostly to play around with while she spoke. "Someone from Magical Sports came to me and asked about new plants for their department, seeing as they were all removed after last year's......." How to put this nicely? "After some of the plants flipped out last year." Close enough. "So I know this might be under your pay-grade but we were thinking of equipping the entire Ministry with plants again, to make it more green again." So there was that.

"What do you think?"
Archer watched as Olly started playing around with the quill, his own hands clasped casually together. He wasn't much of a fiddler, but he did like quills.

He listened to what she was saying, something about Magical Sports. He hoped she wasn't about to ask about Quidditch tipping, or having their department start some sort of sport activity, because he wasn't interested. Thankfully, it was about plants. His face lit up at the thought of other departments wanting to have new plants, and more so about equipping the entire ministry with plants. He had two green thumbs, and would be a happy man if there was green everywhere.

"I think it's a great idea. Truly. What are you thinking regarding types? We could propagate herbs with calming scents with plants that will improve the air quality. Add a little carnivorous genome to keep any bugs at a low. With beautiful flowers that don't end up looking wilted and dead. Ones that keep blooming during the day and do their dying and decomposing overnight." His eyes were alive at the thought of such a plant. Was she on the same page as him? He hoped she'd get there if she wasn't.

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move