View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 05:15 AM   #119 (permalink)
Jean Granger

DMGS & DERP
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jade Joyce
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Autumn Carey
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Caroline Norton
Environmental Protection
Bewitching Bowtruckle | a roamin’ numeral | Newt's salamander eyes ❤ | Ko Ko Bop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
She needed to cut the bottom of the stick so that it was flat next, but heard, as she went to do so, one of her fellow Ravenclaws in need of help. Hanna went over to her, with her own stick and wand. "I'm not sure if others use a different one but... but I use diffindo to cut things like this. Maybe Professor Kennedy has a better one." She wasn't sure, actually. "Diffindo isn't toooo hard. It's just diffindo, and with your wand you do a sort of big V with a tail." She demonstrated using her own. "deef-IN-doe," she said, pointing her wand towards the end of the stick and doing the big V with a tail wand movement. "You try! Um... but maybe on a different stick if you want to practice." Otherwise she'd have to look for a whole other stick.
Jade smiled at the older Ravenclaw who approached her. She was eager to learn the spells, so that she would be able to do tasks by herself in class. She listened and watched as the girl explained how to cast the severing charm and demonstrated it on her own stick. Neat! "Okay! I'll try it on a piece of parchment first," she said, as she grabbed one from her bag and took out her wand. "Diffindo." Big V with a tail. The parchment was cut into half, but it looked like it was torn forcefully, not sliced neatly. "Diffindo," she said again, casting the spell on one of the halves. This time, the parchment was divided into two with sharp, straight edges. Oh yay! She grinned up at her tutor - did you see that??

"I think I'll try it on my stick now. Diffindo!" The first year said along with the correct wand movement, directing her wand towards the bottom of her long stick. The bottom bit was cut off so that the end of the stick was flat. "I did it! Can you also teach me the sticking charm?"