Thread: Boathouse
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 09:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Uncle Moose
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8
Mom says I have no sense of direction, so I packed my bags and right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Oops, Nettie hadn't meant to startle him. Perhaps she should have made more of an announcement before just jostling the boat and getting in uninvited. She couldn't help but chuckle a little. "Sorry, did I scare you?" she asked. She noticed his blush and assumed it was because she'd snuck up on him and probably startled him in to thinking the boat was going to capsize. Now she felt bad!

Pausing, she looked around at all the boats with a raised eyebrow. "You know, there's a ton of boats in here but in all my time here, I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually OUT on one," she noted. The only time she'd really interacted with the lake had been when they went on that visit to the Merpeople her first term - and that had NOT turned out well at all.

"It is nice. I came down here to...be alone," she added with an agreeing nod. She didn't want to say 'write in my diary' because that seemed childish. Nettie was NOT a child. She was fourteen now. A whole year in to teenager-dom!
Feels a bit more relieved she made no passing notice of his blushing face. Honestly doesn't even really know what to do with these feelings yet. He was basically the youngest of his classmates having his birthday in July so while they were all turning Thirteen he was tuck at twelve for a while longer than them. Which isn't really how that works, but it's certainly how he felt. He spent so much longer attempting to be the more mature sibling between him and his sister and he certainly felt older because of it. "Just a little bit". He admitted. "It's okay though, I'm happy you showed up." company was never a bad thing.

"I think we need to get actual permission to use them." Well just permission, it didn't have to be actual permission. Probably wouldn't let some second and third year out on a lake by themselves. Tough. "I like rowing." Besides the Defense Against the Darks Arts lesson from earlier the only other time he went out on a boat here was during the trip toward the castle at night before he was sorted.

"Y-you did? Why?" She didn't do a very good job at the being alone thing. If she really wanted to be alone she could have boarded another boat and since he was so focused on his comics he would have probably never seen her come in.