Thread: Wooden Bridge
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 06:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Uncle Moose
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8
Mom says I have no sense of direction, so I packed my bags and right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post
Oh hey, will you look at that? He'd made someone LAUGH.

It probably wasn't a big deal but it was huge for this lion's ego.

Lucas tried his hardest not to beam, especially since Mark was talking about the bridge and how windy it was and, well, why it was a bad place to play chess up here. Instead, he chose to look over at the surroundings...... and then down at the bottom of the valley. Why? Just because. But he kind of wished he didn't because, uh, it wasn't doing his worries about the bridge any favours. Nope nope nope.

"Yeah......" he started, looking back up again, "They might find a new home right down there." At this, he pointed aaaaaaall the way down to where the bottom of the valley was. "But what if it wasn't windy? Would you take the risk?" He didn't really know why he was asking this but curiosity had gotten the better of him. And they were friends, right? So weird questions were normal.

He hoped.

At his question, a sheepish look crossed the boy's face and he scratched the back of his head. "Uh, well...... no?? I don't think I'm very good at Wizard's Chess." Or normal chess. Any chess. All chess. "It's a little confusing to me but I'm still starting." A beginner. That's what he was.

He was very conveniently trying to forget who else was there the last time they played. For embarrassment reasons.
Mark looked down just as soon as his Lion Friend pointed to the bottom of the ravine. Huh...you know if your not on your broom. Being this high up was sort of scary. Maybe they should move this conversation along to somewhere less dangerous. "I really hope if they do, they'd enjoy it." He sure as heck won't if they were down there. He hadn't finished perfecting the summoning charm so getting them back would be a bit of a task.

he shook his head at Lucas' next inquiry. "I'd be in the way of everyone." Which as a he was trying out for keeper was sort of what he needed to do so maybe that was good? "maybe closer to either of the ends." if anything were to happen to the bridge. No matter how long it's been up. Mark would like to be able to escape easily.

"Would you like me to show you some different strategy games?" The Ravenclaw asked. "There are a ton of games I love to play that are way different than Chess that you might like way more." Like Checkers! That was a lot easier, and still required some thought.