View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 04:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Default 50 Fragments of Jake Upstead - Sa 13+
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter universe and characters belong to JK Rowling.
Jake Upstead and the other non-canon characters written in these ficlets belong to me unless otherwise stated.
RP characters not belonging to me may be referred to but will only be written with permission from the RPer.

prompts:

GROUP 5:
1. Barrels 2. Tickle the pear 3. Overstuffed armchair 4. Duffer 5. Midnight feast 6. Pay it forward 7. Broom polishing kit 8. Buddy system 9. Dedicated 10. Potato

GROUP 7:
1. Comfort 2. Dawn 3. Growth 4. Bed 5. Supper 6. Teapot 7. Photo 8. Desk 9. Hearth 10. Midnight

GROUP 11:
1. Cuckoo 2. Eon 3. Era 4. Hourglass 5. Timeturner 6. Pendulum 7. Sundial 8. Past 9. Present 10. Future

GROUP 15:
1. Licorice Wand 2. Sweet Tooth 3. Chocolate 4. Jelly Legs 5. Mooch 6. Butterbeer 7. Rock Cake 8. Ooze 9. Epicure 10. Groak

GROUP 18:
1. Sorting Hat 2. Telescope 3. Quill 4. Dress robes 5. Common room 6. Whomping Willow 7. Portraits 8. Headmaster 9. Staircase 10. Dungeon

SPOILER!!: Ficlets in Chronological Order
First Year
Sorting Hat - age 11, September 2067
Liquorice Wand - age 11, October 2067

Fifth Year
Pendulum - age 15, December 2071

Seventh Year
Era - age 17, June 2074

Post-Hogwarts
Present - age 43, September 2099

Sorting Hat
age 11, September 2067

Hmmm…

‘What?’ Jake thought to the Hat, not entirely sure he could really communicate with it, but trying all the same. He stared into the darkness - the Hat was so big it completely obscured his vision - and maintained his white-knuckle grip on the seat of the stool.

Oh, it’s just interesting… very interesting…

‘What’s interesting?’

The Hat, apparently more interested in talking - thinking? - to itself rather than to Jake, devolved into muttered musings. Jake tried to get its attention again but, when that failed, he ended up just sitting there, fidgeting but listening.

Where is best? Certainly not Slytherin, I think we can rule that one out… Perhaps Gryffindor would be a good fit. Then again, you wouldn’t be out of place in Ravenclaw. But neither feels quite… right…

Jake was quiet, and tried to make his thoughts shut up too. That remark made it sound like he wasn’t going to fit into any of the houses, that he wouldn’t belong anywhere at all.

Hmmm?

The Hat had been listening.

Oh no, not at all. Gryffindor would be a good fit, but I sense something else in you. I think, overall… the place for you is...

“HUFFLEPUFF!”

You are Chocolate!

Last edited by Felixir; 09-20-2019 at 03:35 PM.