View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 06:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Daisy was now thinking about her career once she graduated Hogwarts next year and being a Healer was in the forefront of her mind. The Hufflepuff thought that talking with Healer Adara would be a good idea.

She signed the clipboard and patiently waited.

SPOILER!!: Daisy's Signature
Was the Healer in? Ohhh yes she actually was this time sooo instead of the charmed paper making its way elsewhere in the castle it alerted Amelia to the presence of a student outside.

Glancing up from her review of perspective quidditch players she gave a curious smile, "You may come in"

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Wow, the paper was magic! Cordelia stared at the paper as the message from the healer appeared. Cool, she was just going to stay here then. Did the healer have another piece of paper with her that mirrored whatever was written here or something? Cordelia fiddled with the chain on her medical alert bracelet and glanced around at the area outside the healer’s office while she waited. A few minutes later, Healer Adara showed up. ”That’s me!” Cordelia grinned. The healer knew her name! The bag with her name on it was probably a dead giveaway, not to mention that she had written her name on the clipboard.

Woah, the door opened with magic! Cool! At the healer’s instruction, Cordelia came in to the office and took a seat on one of the chairs. ”Tea, please.” Accepting if someone offered her tea was the polite thing to do, yes? Not that Cordelia cared at all about manners. To cut to the chase, Cordelia held up the bag she had brought with her. ”This is for you. Emergency diabetes supplies.” Inside the bag was a full diabetes emergency care kit including but not limited to a glucometer, test strips, a lancing device, clean lancets, a blood ketone meter and the test strips for that, extra insulin pump supplies, syringes, an emergency glucagon kit, sources of fast acting glucose, other snacks, and a water bottle. Insulin itself was something that needed to be kept cold but never frozen, so that had its own box that was charmed to keep it at the right temperature. Hopefully these supplies would never actually need to be used, but the healer should have emergency supplies just in case. ”And, um, sometimes I might need to eat snacks in class or any other times I might be flying my blood sugar up.” Cordelia was well aware of the rule that said no food unless you have a medical exception, and this was definitely a medical exception situation. Wouldn’t want to pass out from low blood sugar and falloff her broom. Flying was likely to be the class where being able to eat snacks was most important, as exercise was likely to lower her blood sugar. How convenient that the healer was also the flying instructor.
Oh well that was a relief that her charmed parchment worked well in alerting her to the correct student. She took in the first year and her apparent eagerness, recalling her own children's delight at being at Hogwarts for the first time and then the first time she herself flew on a broom. Seemed like a lifetime ago.

"Ah thank you" Amelia said, casting the warming spell on a tea kettle and then pouring the young Gryffindor a cup. She listened as she explained her needs and nodded, making a mental note to inform the other professors of the needs in case situation should warrant it. "I would recommend not eating while flying though and let's make sure you check your blood sugar after a short flight just to be safe." Because yes, last thing one needed was passing out while on the broom. High altitude did things to ones brain...."Do you have any concerns about flying?" Because Amelia was going to assume she had never ridden a broom before.

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.