View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 07:43 AM   #21 (permalink)
Tazzie

DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harri Ainsworth
Second Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Owen Montezor
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Beatrice Castell
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Euphy Castell
Daily Prophet
Default *rearranges*
❄Suaviter in modo, fortiter in re❄| ⚕=equivalent exchange=⚕ | pinned ya!

SPOILER!!: Mr Shopkeeper, Toddles, and Valencia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Was it him or did young ones always enter his shop when he was feeding the creatures? That always seemed to be the way but that was quite alright with him. Evan had his eyes on the two young girls and was that... a house elf? Well that was curious. Had he ever had the pleasure of having a house elf in his shop? Not that he could recall but this was only his second summer here.

Closing up one of the cages he had just put a small dish of creature food into, the older man turned on his heel and made his way over to the small group, a warm friendly smile on his face. "Hello, I'm Evan the shopkeeper here at the Menagerie. If you have any questions about any of the creatures or need assistance with anything please don't hesitate to ask." It was after his job to help everyone but more importantly he enjoyed interacting with all of his customers whither they bought something or not! He truly believed there was the perfect familiar out there for everyone it was just a matter of finding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddles View Post
Toddles was usually good with names of the misters and missus but today was not one of those days. Today Toddles was way way waywaywaywayway too distracted by thoughts of using his moneies to gets himself a pet! Therefore they became Missus Vanilla and Missus Hurry in his memory.

"Ha-mu-ster-s," he repeated. That was a funny sounding name and made Toddles think about ham. Were these fuzzy tiny pigs then? No, they squeaks like studentsies' fluffy pygmy puffs and other mices Toddles sometimes sees in the kitchens. "Toddles on thinks of getting one..." But maybe if he only got one then it would feel sad and lonely without a friendsies? He had lots and lots of gold shinies in his bag. He could surely get two or even three!

"Oh no," he said somewhat gravely with a shake of the head which sent his floppy ears this way and that. "Mister Master Headmaster gives Toddles and the others shinies to buy supplies for Hogwarts. But Toddles lost his list so can't but what Mister Master Headmaster asky for."

Only question Toddles had one of the missus had answered for him. So the elf only shuffled his feet eagerly.

"Missus Vanilla and Missus Hurry help Toddles. Toddles no need you," he said cheerfully but bluntly with a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiide gleaming grin. Nimma had tried to practice etiquette with him in the days preceding his first shopping trip to Diagon Alley, but Toddles had found that SO SO SO boring. Worse than ironing studentsies bed sheets!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Oh. Valencia did have a question. "There's an approved list of pets I can take to school, isn't there? My parents said I could get whatever I want -- well, it was my mum who said that -- because, according to her, it's easy to sneak pets in."

Wait. There was a question in there.

"What do you think? I kind of want a lizard. But maybe I shouldn't? My older brother keeps grasshoppers and hasn't gotten in trouble. I don't know if those count as 'pets' though."

"Hi Harri." Valencia greeted excitedly. It would be good to know people before school started. She wanted lots of friends. Being friendly was a good place to start.

She busied herself creating stacks of four gold coins when the house elf answered the question. "Won't you get in trouble buying hamsters instead of supplies...?"
Harri grinned at the other girl, Valencia. She liked her named too, but it took too much effort to say, she preferred to call people by a shortened version of their names. But they weren't that close yet so maybe after this, when they really become friends, she could ask her.

For now, Harri got distracted at the arrival of the shopkeeper. "Hello, Mr. Evan." She showed him the hamster in his hand in way of greeting, and chuckled a bit when Toddles told him, in a rather frank way, that he wasn't needed. As for questions, she didn't have one but Valencia and she seemed smart so the eleven year old listened in. She wanted a lizard? As far as Harri knew, the only reptile really allowed was a toad. She kind of want a toad! Hmm. Decisions...decisions.

Letting the hamster scurry from one arm to the other, Harri refocused on the house elf. "You need only one hamster? I think you can go with this one," she offered the one in her hand, being helpful.

But something else piqued her curiosity. "Oh, Toddles. Did you say Hogwarts? I'm going to Hogwarts!" She gave Valencia a questioning look as well.

Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote