View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 10:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Quick post before the feast closes
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

This was it... the last round of goodbyes. After this, Gaston's time at Hogwarts was over for good. Maybe if he dragged out the goodbye, he could buy himself some more time... but deep down, he knew it wouldn't work that way. With a heavy sigh and an even heavier heart, he trudged toward the Gryffindor table. He remained silent as he glanced down the table at Stasya, Anna, Rylee, Zoryn, Sylvie, Theo, Jozef, Abra, and Stella, the students he'd come to love as if they were his own sons and daughters, for the last time. Just looking at them was enough to send the tears he'd been holding back spilling down his face; he bowed his head in what he knew was probably a futile attempt to hide them.

"Y-you didn't think I'd l-leave without saying g-goodbye, did you?" he choked out. This time, there was no greeting, no announcement of his exit, no explanation for leaving... Most of the Lions had been at his birthday party when he made the announcement, and besides, he could barely talk without sobbing. "I'm s-so sorry... I wasn't strong e-enough for you. I w-wasn't strong enough t-to protect you... I wasn't s-strong enough to stay..."

He turned away with a half-stifled sob, and for several moments, he stood with his back to the table, trembling violently. With the hand that wasn't wiping his eyes, he rummaged through his jacket pocket for several boxes containing black quills. "I... I'd like you to have these," he said, his voice thick with sadness. "I was saving them for your graduations, but since I won't be here..."

Gaston made his way down the table, giving a quill to each student. The activity bought him time to regain some of his composure, though his eyes were still watery as he came to Jozef and Stella. Those poor firsties, he thought. "I'm sorry your Hogwarts experience started out like this," he said, "but I hope things will be better for you next term." Even if he wouldn't be around to help them... "Julian Scrimgeour's rule does not represent the school I know and love!"

A sudden pang of guilt gripped his heart as he saw Sylvie and Zoryn. "You two deserve an apology most of all," he said, his tearful eyes suddenly blazing with the conviction of his words. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there when you were attacked. If I had been, mark my words: Rafferty Ainsworth would be in St. Mungo's right now, and I would be in Azkaban!" He had to take several deep breaths to calm himself... violent anger and soul-crushing sadness was not a good combination! "I swear he will answer for what he did to you. I'll personally see to it, even if it takes the rest of my life." No one hurt his Lions and got away with it!

Gaston peered dejectedly down the table as he addressed his Lions once more, "Thank you for accepting me into the Gryffindor family. Being your professor, Head of House, and Deputy Headmaster these past years has been one of the greatest honors of my life..." Second only to being Desiree's father and Rose's husband. "I'm so proud of you - all of you! You're so much braver than I could ever be, and you've inspired me more than you know. I wish you all the best, and I hope my successor will be a better Head of House to you than I ever was."

His blue eyes darted from the table to the staff dais, then to the door as he inwardly debated where he should go. It wasn't a hard choice. He knew he no longer belonged at the staff table, and he wanted more time with his beloved Lions. He settled into a seat at the end of the table, hoping the kids wouldn't mind him joining them. It was only for one night, after all.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...