Thread: Mysteries: Entry Chamber
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 05:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default *declones*
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

SPOILER!!: Bossman
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Forget-me-not blue eyes now dividing his attention towards Laurel, the astronomer could not help but raise a brow at her inquiry. "I did." He had tested out each subject at Hogwarts during his time there just to see what sort of intellectual stimulus it did - or in this case did not - provide. "There is a reason I trust the handling of the sensitive material in the Hall of Prophecy to the Unspeakables assigned there," he added diplomatically.

The arrival of one of his former student now turned employee naturally did not go unnoticed. He would almost be amused to know that they shared similar sentiments on the situation. Almost. "The experimental nature of the Department of Mysterious can result in explosive conclusions, Miss Chambers." Though his words could have also been directed to Laurel who, as a former professor at Hogwarts, ought to know just how easily accidents could occur. "Why one must always be prepared and on one's toes. Constant vigilance." To quote another famous Gryffindor.

Particularly Forrester being the on-site Nousist. Perhaps Garrick would also be back from assignment to led her knowledge to the task as well. "I am hoping someone from Accidents and Catastrophes will be joining us shortly. I would like for you. I would like for you five to accompany me to the Thought Chamber. There is a pressing matter to attend there with the maintenance of Encephalons."
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Potioneers in particular had an increased probability of things going a bit...astray. Most of the time this resulted in rather large KABOOMs. Laurel and Miss Chambers would be relieved to know that the Hall of Prophecy was soundproofed, among other necessary enchantments to protect the orbs, and likely be left unawares to such....shall we call them hiccups?

"Ah, THERE you are," he proclaimed as he waved the level three employee over. "Now that we are all present and accounted for," he nodded, as though this had been the plan all along. "All of you will follow me to the Thought Chamber. Oh and...wands out just to be safe." So it was with a mischevious sort of wink that the department head turned towards the chamber proper and spoke loud and clearly. It could be a bit like traveling by floo with this room. "Department Head, Airey Flamsteed. Unspeakables. Adam Gerulf, Laurel Vance, Sam Forrester, and Dylan Chambers. And Accidents and Catastrophes employee, Megan Baines. All to the Though Chamber."

The room suddenly began to spin rapidly and came to a sudden halt a few moments later, presenting a dark door to the assembled. "This way then," he grinned in a sing-song tone as he retrieved his own wand from his enchanted breast pocket and strolled confidently forward through the door and into the Thought Chamber.

Laurel was silent for a moment, considering Airey’s answer before she responded with an explanation for her questions. "Im glad to hear that you know what your talking about boss and why our work with handling sensitive orbs is important. I’ve met a number of people in boss positions over the years that haven’t taken divinatory matters seriously at all.” It had made her so enraged that Laurel had thought many times that she would spit out flaming tarot cards at the ignorant people.

That Mysteries had its own lab for potion experiments was news to her but she knew too well from her time at Hogwarts that the potion brews could get explosive results. How many times hadn’t she cleaned up after potions messes in the slytherin dorms? Adam seemed from Airey’s talking to be very invested in his experiments. Before Laurel could say anything else however Airey ordered them all to follow him over to the thought chamber to deal with a situation that had arisen there along with an employee from Accidents and Catastrophes that just joined them. Putting thoughts on orbs and new seers aside Laurel greeted Megan with a smile and a head nod before she followed her boss out of the entry chamber and over to the thought chamber.