Thread: Seating Area
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 08:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lislchen

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
January returned the smile to Olly - she was quite pretty, wasn't she? Then she watched her with her green eyes as she sipped her tea. She hoped this wasn't awkward for her. She just felt the need to get to know her a bit.

"Oh no, I like to get to work a little early. Before things start piling up on my desk." Because they did that, especially on Mondays and especially on the first day of work.

January cleared her throat and attempted to relax. "I hope you don't mind, I really just wanted to introduce myself properly and hopefully get to know you a bit better." She offered her another friendly smile. "I find myself getting caught up in work too much and not getting to know the people I work with." She knew dozens and dozens and probably hundreds of people in this Ministry that she had worked with for years, but she was a little regretful that she hadn't made many friends along the way. Of course, she was frequently preoccupied with her daughter, but still.
January WAS quite pretty, yes.

"Oh. Me too." She liked structure, too. Needed it, really. And they were awake extra early now because Evie woke them up regularly. It was okay though. Olly had started to get a lot of work done at night now, giving Schuyler a chance to catch some sleep. Honestly, lately she felt like she didn't even need that much sleep anyway. So it worked out just fine.

At January's next words Olly relaxed considerably. This was a social call. Phew. Good. "No, I don't mind." She took another sip of her tea and smiled at her. "Thanks for asking." Truly. "I haven't really made any new friends here either." Yes, there were people she liked around here of course and all that but she didn't consider any of them close friends.

________________________________{Drabbles}_{Meet Lissy}_{DERP}