View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 09:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Daemon

DMT & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maggie Woods
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Levi Jourdan
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Hwang Minji
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Finlay Bracken
Transportation
x4 x2
PHILOMATH ❅ not one atom, but two ♪ ♪ made of starstuff ❅ def main():

Text Cut: Layla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
To be fair Layla had never seen Bambi trip over. Not on the runway, not out in the street.. she worked those heels in a way Layla would never be able to. Put a pair of heels on the sporty girl and you could guarantee she would have them off in a matter of minutes. “I can’t promise I won’t laugh if you did” she teased.

See? Bambi was the complete opposite to Layla. It wasn’t that she was an absolute mess but organisation wasn’t top of her priority list. Layla was never late to work, their child was never late for daycare and she always made sure that she got everything that needed doing done eventually but she really didn’t care for all the planning prior. She was pretty laid back in that sense. “Is that why you married me? You wanted to get my life all organised too?” She WAS joking but there was some truth in it. Layla had no ambition or drive or much care really, that was why she wasn’t a Slytherin. “But it sounds like you are fittin’ right in.” Layla hadn’t completely lost her south London twang but it had mellowed as she had got older.

Her arm slid around her wife’s waist as she kissed her cheek, a rare smile gracing her lips. ”Are kids allowed to come with you then?” Layla certainly wouldn’t bring her to work with her. As for her going? “I don’t think I belong there..” In other words she wouldn’t want to belong there anyway.

Bambi POUTED at her wife, used to her sarcasm by now but never far away from a well meant sad puppy look. "To be fair, when we got married my life was the one in shambles," she pointed out after a moment, shrugging. They had been so messy, once upon a time. Bambi was almost certain her need to organise stemmed from liking the feeling of control it gave her, when she'd spent a lot of her life chasing anything that felt remotely like control.

"Thank you... I hope so," and she really, really did, because this was her big, adult moment. If she failed at being a Ministry employee... Well. She wouldn't have a bad life - she'd choose to be happy being a housewife - but she wouldn't feel as fulfilled as she would be having a job. More than anything, she wanted Layla and Ariadne to be proud of her, similarly to the way she was always so proud of her Dad growing up, even if his job had low key ruined her childhood.

Grinning at the cheek kiss, she started a leisurely pace down the alley, snuggling happily into Layla's side. "Oh, I'm not asking, I'll just bring her! And I won't take her into any dangerous rooms or levels - Mysteries is a big no - but it'll be fun to show off our beautiful daughter," she said, and sighed, just a little. She often wished Layla felt more connected to the Magical world, but she would never want her to change, and they've been together for too long for Bambi to press the matter. "I won't make you.. but know you're always welcome there." Because 1. Layla Ackerly is a resident of the magical community and Bambi will fight anyone who thinks otherwise, and because 2. she's her wife. See no. 1 for questions.

_____________I could still change the end

Last edited by Daemon; 11-26-2018 at 09:06 AM. Reason: coding