View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 01:18 AM   #54 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

presents

Ministry to open, Nickels found guilty

March, 2097
by:Jorge De La Garza

After an unprecedented four-month lockdown after the impeachment of the now former Minister for Magic, Morgan P. Nickles, the Ministry of Magic is expected to resume usual operation. Nickles previously confessed to wilfully contaminating of foodstuffs with an animal transformation potion that transfigured many employees who dined at the ministry's food court into animals against their will. Among the transfigured was Mysteries Department Head Airey Flamesteed, who expressed relief in never coughing up another hairball again. “It was as excruciating as it was disgusting. I would never wish that fate upon my worst enemies.” With the cause having been unidentified for so long, the transfigured employees were quarantined until both an antidote and the cause were found.

Furry employees and coworkers were not the only concern to be brought forward in the wake of Nickles’ appointment. There were reports of plants attacking indiscriminately Ministry-wide shortly after he took temporary charge of the Department of Environmental Regulation and Protection (DERP). In late November, with evidence gathered and presented by Senior Undersecretary January Bones and the remaining department head team, Nickels confessed to tainting the food with aspirations of turning the Ministry into his own private zoo. His reasoning being that it “simply seemed like a fun idea.” Under the guidance of Bones, Nickles' impeachment process began and he was immediately taken into custody by the Department of Magical Law Enforcement (DMLE). The Ministry closed soon after for a full investigation, renovations, and decontamination. "After gathering enough evidence, we took a unanimous step forward to rid the Ministry of Mr. Nickels," Bones recalls. "We, the department heads and including our future Minister for Magic, have our employees as our number one priority. Moving forward, we are full of hope and optimism for a bright future in the Ministry."

Nickles held the office Minister for Magic since January of 2094.

With Nickles to stand trial for his crimes, the Ministry is ready to move forward under the leadership of newly appointed Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry.

Hogwarts alumni, Hollingberry brings with him over 50 years of experience working in wizarding politics with 30 of those serving as the department head for the Department of International Magical Cooperation for the Japanese Ministry of Magic. Hollingberry also served as the campaign manager for Puddlemere United chaser Carter Phillips during his successful bid for a position on the Hogwarts Board of Governors in 2080. “My vision for wizarding Britain is for a wizarding community that is strong in our values and our freedoms, strong in our family and community life, and strong in our sense of wizardinghood,” Hollingberry shared soon after his appointment. “Gone are the days of juvenile tyranny under P. Nickles. I look forward to keeping the Ministry on the trajectory January and the other department heads began and building upon it for the future of our wizarding world. Speaking of which, I do have five beautiful PERFECT peaches for grandchildren.”

In commemoration of the grand reopening, the Minister and the department heads will be hosting a cocktail hour on March 31, prior to the opening on April 1.